INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Duty station: Rome – HQ
Starting date: 19/09/2022
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
Reporting to: Director of Communications and Fundraising
Supervision of: Fundraising unit
Dependents: Family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is a humanitarian organization in the frontline of emergencies, working all over the world to bring independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian aid to people, families, and communities whose lives are threatened by conflict, extreme poverty, natural or manmade disasters. It does so by providing assistance and protection during humanitarian emergencies, according to its operational and resource capacities. Our interventions are based upon the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people, and respect for diversity and coexistence.
In this context, private funding plays a critical role in increasing the capacity of the organization to implement time-effective, autonomous and relevant emergency intervention, while contributing to the general financial sustainability. Fully structured only in recent years, the fundraising unit is expected to consolidate and further improve its results as part of the 2022 – 2024 strategic plan.
General purpose of the position
Coordinate fundraising from private donors, promoting new funding opportunities and ensuring the harmonization of fundraising, the monitoring of the activities and the achievement of the objectives.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Define, propose and coordinate the private fundraising overall strategy (all programs to raise funds from private Individual and High-Value donors) as part of the ISP (Intersos Strategic Plan) defining objectives, activities, indicators and monitoring tools
• Define, supervise and coordinate the annual planning of fundraising activities
• Lead and supervise all identified fundraising channels, ensuring their full integration
• Facilitate the integration and optimization of fundraising and communications activities
• Directly identify and manage new opportunities of funding from High-Value Donors (MD, Companies & Foundation)
• Directly identify and define new relevant fundraising partnerships and campaigns
• Regularly monitor new fundraising trends, identifying and proposing new tools and strategies
• Define and monitor target audiences
• Identify new donor bases
• Monitor the budget of the fundraising activities, advising on strategies aimed at increasing the financial sustainability of the organization
• Provide monthly reports on the performance of different fundraising channels and propose corrective measures in order to improve the effectiveness of the strategies
• Supervise the fundraising team contributing and providing advice for the proper handling of the activities and the achievement of the objectives
Required profile and experience
• Bachelor / Master Degree (Laurea specialistica o vecchio ordinamento)
• Specific specialization, master or documented training in fundraising
• At least 5 years of work experience in fundraising in the nonprofit sector with managing roles
• Strong experience in managing and coordinating fundraising programs
• In depth knowledge of fundraising planning, managing and monitoring tolls
• In depth knowledge of the main fundraising marketing techniques
• In depth knowledge and experience of the Italian fundraising market
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent networking skill
Fluent Italian and English
• Strong motivation and adherence to the humanitarian principles and the mission of INTERSOS
• Flexibility in working hours, week end / holidays when required by the situation/ context
• Strong attitude for teamwork and collaboration within a complex organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in managing relationships with external consultants and suppliers
• Excellent analytical and monitoring skills
• Ability to adapt to unexpected events
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/italia/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/62ac48f36be739001f1c41af
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to [email protected], with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-2610-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Closing date: 9/8/2022