International Committee of the Red Cross
VACANCY: Generalist Field Officer (South of Mosul)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Iraq.
Job Title: Generalist Field Officer 2 – South of Mosul
Duty Station: Iraq – Mosul Sub-Delegation
Reports to: Field delegate
Duration of Contract: 7 months fixed term contract (with a possibility to extend one month)
Date of Issue: 24.08.2022
Deadline for applications: 06.09.2022
The Field Officer contributes to the ICRC’s understanding of the humanitarian, security, and political situation in the Area of Responsibility (AoR): Hammam el-Aleel, Shura, Qayyarah, Hatra, and Al-Tal sub-districts. The Field Operations Generalist represents the ICRC at the local level and contributes to defining, implementing, and monitoring the ICRC’s projects and activities in the AoR, in coordination with the Field delegate, the Mosul management, and the concerned departments.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Monitors and analyses the humanitarian, security, socio-economic, cultural, and political environment as relevant to the ICRC. Shares proactively relevant information with colleagues and reports changes in the situation on time.
- Contributes to defining the operational response to the humanitarian needs in the Area of Responsibility (AoR) and assists in designing and implementing projects.
- Maintains an overall overview of all ICRC programmes implemented in his AoR.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining a network of interlocutors in the AoR.
- Facilitates communications and contacts, helps organize meetings and field trips, and participates in them.
- Facilitates the assistance departments’ access to beneficiaries and joins the assistance teams in their visits and jointly with the Field Delegate (FD) contributes to assessments and implementation of assistance activities as needed.
- Provides general support to ICRC activities as a polyvalent field officer.
- In line with the Tracing guidelines and objectives of the delegation, contributes to the implementation of Tracing activities of the AoR. Following the demands of the Tracing Department.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information, and contributes to written reporting (Field trip reports, Minutes of meetings, Field weekly updates, Mapping, and other analyses).
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree (Minimum)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a similar position.
- Fluent command of English and Arabic.
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment (South of Mosul) and the setup of both civilian and security bodies in the area.
- Computer literacy, minimum knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS).
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Security Management
How to apply
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).
Closing date: 9/6/2022