Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is looking for a consultant that would contribute to the implementation of the Global Foundations, Organizations & Institutions (GFOI) Framework in the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region.
The consultant is supposed to be based in either Amman, Beirut or Cairo working in hybrid with an expectation of 25-30% travel across the various offices for meetings with FOIs and the teams. This consultancy is anticipated to be a 6-month duration with the possibility of extension based on needs and availability of funds.
Introduction and background
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Since the founding in 1976, Habitat for Humanity has helped more than 22 million people meet their affordable housing needs in more than 70 countries.
HFHI works through a broad network of national Habitat organizations and other strategic partners, such as corporations, financial service providers, individuals, non-governmental organizations, foundations, local governments, as well as the private sector actors. HFHI supports program and project implementation by national HFH organizations and directly implements some projects and programs regionally.
Short description of the project
The GFOI MENA consultant will actively contribute to developing relations internally and externally, develop the GFOI MENA pipeline, targets, and forecasts. S/he will also contribute to developing and training staff on FOI tools for effective fundraising.
The GFOI MENA consultant will deliver to the Director EME/AFR (Dir EME/AFR) GFOI as a FOI fundraiser for the MENA Region contributing to the implementation of the Global FOI Framework. The GFOI MENA Development Consultant will contribute to identifying pipeline opportunities and FOI forecasts with an initial priority focus on Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon. S/he will support pre-positioning activity with HFHI/HFH and contribute to coordination of FOI and Peer activity with relevant HFH colleagues. S/he will actively contribute to collaborating across the HFH network to meet high level of quality, productivity and service which leads to strong internal/external partnerships. The GFOI MENA Development Consultant will actively contribute to meeting a fiscal target for the MENA region that increases by 25% each year and contribute to team success. In accordance with HFHI’s global standards, policies, and protocols, develop and/or support and maintain all systems necessary for successful FOI fundraising in MENA.
The GFOI MENA consultant will also serve as a core member of a decentralized MENA regional team.
Scope of work and deliverables
- Support the Director EME/AFR in coordinating a collaborative process with HFH colleagues on FOI and Peer activity including pre-positioning, forecasting, Go No Go (G/NG), proposal development and After Action Review (AAR)
- Contribute to identifying opportunities through forecasts and market intelligence to help achieve HFH’s objectives
- Prepare briefings and other informational materials that support the Dir EME/AFR and HFHI leadership with FOI / Peer engagement as needed
- Build and maintain effective FOI relations globally and regionally with guidance from the Dir EME/AFR as well as maintaining the CRM systems
- Support the Dir EME/AFR with the design of relevant GFOI tools and training and advice to the HFHI network to encourage MENA FOI champions
- Support the effective stewardship of awards in partnership with Grant Mangers and guidance from the Dir EME/AFR
- Monitor the execution of the donor strategies implemented in close collaboration with internal HFHI/HFH colleagues
- Coordinate multiple high-quality G/NG processes and proposals for MENA region in collaboration with GFOI and key (internal/external) stakeholders to increase number of awards
- Develop in coordination with GFOI a MENA FOI pre-positioning plan to increase FOI and peer partnerships in the MENA region
- Strengthen the MENA FOI pipeline of awards by 25%
- Strengthen (the external) partnership and maintain existing relationships
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Global Affairs or International Policy and Relations
- Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years of Proven FOI Partnership/Fundraising Experience
- Resource development experience in contributing towards securing grants preferably with the top funders in the housing/shelter, community development, and related sectors.
- Expertise in gathering and analyzing FOI trends, grant programs, grant guidelines/requirements, grant program development/review and budget development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal and presentation skills in both Arabic and English.
- Solutions-oriented and collaborative in an evolving, dynamic, inter-cultural global team. Reflects the organizational principles through on time delivery of work products in changing work terrains as the organization rapidly evolves.
- Disciplined; perform well under pressure and capable of balancing competing priorities; ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Commitment to delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
- Computer literate; able to use word-processing, spreadsheet, database and project and communication software e.g. Microsoft TEAMS for global information sharing and knowledge management
- Working knowledge of BBCRM/Salesforce and Team Approach.
- Good knowledge of FOI priority donors including funding processes.
- Knowledge of and passion for Habitat for Humanity’s worldwide mission
- Language skills in other major European languages
How to apply
To apply for this consultancy, please send the following:
• CV with details of qualifications, experience, contact details and names of three referees,
• Technical proposal that summarizes your understanding of the TOR, the proposed approach, and tools to be used for the assignment,
• Financial proposal providing cost estimates of daily consultancy fees
• Contacts of two organizations that have recently contracted you to carry out similar assignment
• Experience portfolio of past activities
• The foreseen work plans
Applications are to be sent to [email protected] by September 23rd, 2022.
Closing date: 9/23/2022