Generations For Peace
1. Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Graphic Designer is responsible for executing all creative design, visual identity and branding for Generations For Peace. This role is also responsible for supporting the creation of a digital visual designs for dissemination of communications, curriculum content, presentations, digital and social media and other materials and platforms, to support engagement with GFP Delegates and Pioneers, donors and partners. This includes design of social media templates and management of GFP’s social media platforms, with the actual content for social media posts beimng created by Comms Officer and Comms Specialist.
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Graphic Designer will manage workload, prioritise and schedule to meet deadlines in the following areas:
- Interpreting creative design and digital engagement needs and clarifying, developing, and redefining briefs within resource and time constraints.
- Creating strong and innovative design concepts, sample layouts, and prototype solutions for review. Revising and finalising solutions based on feedback.
- Developing communications material in English and Arabic based on donor requirements including visibility items and collateral (banners, roll-ups, etc.)
- Taking text content and concept ideas, identifying and editing suitable images to support the content and concept, and designing and producing visually compelling digital communications (including digital fact sheets, annual reports, newsletters, proposals, presentations, slideshows, artwork, images, illustrations, charts, graphs, infographics, animations, etc.)
- Supporting on GFP’s visual brand including development of brand guidelines and templates and monitoring branding across events, collateral and in headquarters.
- Maintaining brand consistency among all GFP publications, products and materials.
- Developing designs for GFP’s social media platforms.
- Support in the management of GFP’s social media platforms, scheduling and posting posts, optimising our use of each platform according to evolving platform functionality, but with the actual communications content of social media posts being created by Comms Officer and Comms Specialist.
- Developing designs for branded production items in support of events and programmes.
- Liaising with Head of Production and/or Procurement department to obtain quotations and ensure high quality deliverables within GFP procurement policy.
- Liaising and following up with printing house on final design production, if needed.
- Scanning, tracking and maintaining a breadth of knowledge about current and new trends and best practices, emerging issues, and innovations in the fields of:
- Creative design,
- Technology including website and blog management (word press or similar platforms) and cloud services for non-profits.Experience in supporting the development of digital solutions and software used in education and non-profit sectors, and in the area of knowledge and innovation (e.g. prototypes, new forms of citizen engagement, production and dissemination of information products, web 3.0 tools, apps, etc.) and making recommendations based on knowledge gained from such scans is considered a plus.
- Experience is social media platforms is considered a plus.
- Supporting in photography, videography, video editing when possible.
- Developing aspects of GFP digital presence including:
- Converting curriculum materials to digital and uploading to dissemination platform
- Converting all GFP publications to digital with a focus on multimedia formats
- Collect, analyse and decide on available programme, research and communications data to present in an appealing user-friendly digital mode and upload on GFP website
- Agree on a Core Organisational Process (with the help of KM focal points) that will facilitate future use and presentation of digital data across GFP.
3. Key Results Areas:
- Workload prioritisation and meeting deadlines
- Quality, creativity, effectiveness and impact of visual design solutions in both print and digital environments
- Brand management; to keep consistency throughout all communications projects/products in print and digital environments
- Quality and value of brand items production
- Social Media templates and platforms management
- Photo management and editing
- Team work and contribution to the broader work of the organisation
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Personal development
4. Generations For Peace Values:
- Leadership: demonstrating personal leadership and fostering leadership in others.
- Respect & Tolerance: showing respect and tolerance for all Staff, all “clients”, production colleagues and contractors.
- Empowerment & Teamwork: supporting Communications Department and all other staff as a team player in creating impact.
- Responsibility: demonstrating and encouraging responsibility, accountability and transparency, professionalism, care and diligence in respect of all people and property, and the brand and reputation of the organisation; seeking quality, effectiveness, sustainability, efficiency and good value for money; to maximise positive impact whilst minimising risk.
5. Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Visual Arts, Digital Media, Visual Communication.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Proven experience and portfolio of creative design work and visual solutions.
- Excellent skills in graphic design software including (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) and basic knowledge in video editing software like (Premiere Pro, After effects).
- Experience in managing social media platforms is preferred (but can also be learned).
- Skills in photography and videography is preferred.
- Proven aptitude for digital platform development and digital engagement.
- Excellent technical skills, and artistic sensibility, knowledge of colour and composition, visual arts.
- Excellent active listening, problem solving, client management and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of brand development, marketing and sales principles and methods.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of colours, symbols, designs and concepts in different global, regional, and local contexts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for global current affairs, conflict resolution and peace building, and international development.
How to apply
** Candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline (31 Oct 2022).
** Shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis.