Welthungerhilfe’s Pakistan Country Office is seeking a Head of Finance to be based in Islamabad, Pakistan. The position holder will be offered a one-year national employment contract with the possibility of an extension based on performance. It is a management level position reporting to the Country Director.
Head of Finance is responsible for the supervision and handling of the financial affairs of the entire organization, providing financial advice and support to the management and partners to enable them to make sound business decisions. The role of the Head of Finance is multifunctional. Head of finance must understand all aspects of the operations, so he/she is able to adequately advise and support the Country Head in strategic decision-making and ensuring operational growth. Head of Finance will also be fully responsible for the communication, coordination and compliance of WHH-Partner relationship maintaining a win-win working situation at all levels. Head of finance will also be responsible for the Internal Financial Controls exhibiting leadership qualities to support teams all levels.
The primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible to support budget planning and adjustment of the projects own and donor funds.
- Checking of partner agreements taking into account the capacity of the partners and the donor regulations.
- Control and supervise liquidity planning of the projects and internal fund requests and ensuring costs are cleared internally within a project (appropriate allocation of costs)
- Checking project bookkeeping (own and PPO) and ensuring internal and external financial reporting occurs in due time.
- Ensuring that Head of Project and PPO assume budgetary responsibility (expenditure and budget control)
- Coordinating country office statements on audit and accounting reports and checking the implementation of appropriate recommendations and required compliances of statutory and non-statutory (govt vs donor).
- Supervising the financial administration of the country office and all measures to re-finance the country office, reporting to the Head Office and medium-term financial planning
- Initiation and checking of refunds/returns/final fund requests to donors and supporting budget planning, modification of projects and preparation of cost and financing plans
- Support to the Country Director (CD)/Head of Programs/budget holder for the programme and project planning and supporting them to conclude agreement with PPO and co-financers.
- Checking and assuring compliance of the Regulations for the Awarding of Contracts (RAC) and relief supplies management in coordination of LOGs.
- Involvement in all financial administrative matters with current and potential co-financers on location, including maintaining contacts and examining financing modalities with regard to ongoing and planned individual projects.
- Organizing audits and/or accounting activities as well as responsibility for the professional supervision of these measures on location.
- Checking of national law and the relevance for Welthungerhilfe.
- To maintain close communication and coordination with the WHH staff to ensure smooth and speedy support to partners and to monitor compliance related issues.
- To Manage the Audit Process to ensure Clarity and Quality at both ends of WHH staff and Partners.
- Keeping the Country Director timely informed on all aspect of the project/Partner progress and situation as per predefined WHH information tools and reporting channels.
- Keeping close coordination and communication on legal aspects of the projects with WHH staff and partners to ensure win-win long term partnership.
- Fulfilment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position.
Required Academic / Professional Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree in accounting and/or Financial Audit, Financial Management, or a combination of a professional accounting qualification/accreditation and relevant professional experience
- Overall, 8-12 years’ of professional experience in the field of finance and minimum 5 year of professional experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of accounting standards and tax law of Pakistan and familiarity with accounting software systems in use by small-to-medium organizations
- Understanding of procurement fundamentals
- Willingness to travel to the project areas outside of Islamabad.
- Excellent proficiency in English, Urdu is desired.
- Proficient knowledge of Core Humanitarian Standards
- Knowledge of organizational development
- High interpersonal skills with a strong analytical approach to problem-solving & management
- Previous experience with NGO’s would be plus.
WHH Pakistan office offers Gender-independent remuneration to its employees and provide conducive working environment where you learn, enjoy fellowship, do your best and in return you grow. The key perks of the position are as under:
- Health Insurance: you and your immediate family will be covered for the doctor consultation, medicine, medical test, and hospitalization.
- Life Insurance: you will only be provided with Life and accidental insurance.
- Provident Fund with 8.5% of contribution as a pension fund
- Eid/Festival bonus equivalent to one-month basic salary
- School fee of children(s)
- Mobility Allowance
- Communication Allowance
- Tax rebate as per applicable laws
- Paid annual and sick leaves.
- Sponsored trainings
How to apply
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their CVs to [email protected] with subject: ‘’Head of Finance’’ by April 13, 2023. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interviews.
Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.”
Deadline: 13 Apr 2023