ChildFund Deutschland is a German child rights NGO working in international development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Established in 1978, ChildFund Deutschland is supporting disadvantaged and needy children, young people and families with an aim to improve their future perspectives. ChildFund Deutschland is a member of the ChildFund Alliance, a global network of 11 member organisations.
To continue, advance and expand ChildFund´s work in Ukraine, ChildFund opened an office in Lviv in 2022 and is looking for a
Head of Office / ChildFund in Ukraine (m/f/x)
We expect the successful candidate to start this full-time engagement in a 100% position as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will manage our team of currently three staff and will closely work with our Ukrainian and international partner organizations. At this stage, the position will exclusively cover humanitarian help within Ukraine.
Main functions and duties of this position incorporate
Programme Management and Development
Representation and advocacy
Qualifications, skills and experience
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate evidence of the following skills capabilities and experience:
· A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian aid, programme management or other related area at the international level is required;
· Demonstrate ability to represent ChildFund Deutschland at the highest level;
· Experience in working with local and international partner organisations;
· Ability to work flexibly and independently;
· Excellent writing skills and an ability to communicate clearly and respectfully.
· Fluent command of Ukrainian, English and Russian (both verbal and written) is required; knowledge of other languages is desirable.
· Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree). A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
The duration of this engagement is 12 months. Contract extension will be aimed for.
This position will be based in Lviv, Ukraine. The Unit is already active in providing humanitarian aid.
The successful candidate will be remunerated appropriately. ChildFund Deutschland is offering a versatile work environment, space for personal initiative as well as insights in the work of an international established development organization.
Joining the ChildFund Deutschland team means being part of the development of a dynamic and innovative organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
How to apply
Prospective applicants are invited to apply per e-mail as soon as possible. The application should entail information on the expected salary and the earliest possible entry date. Complete and convincing applications should be sent to [email protected] . Your contact person is Charlotte Boetticher, Head of Humanitarian Aid.
Only digital applications will be considered.