HIAS Ukraine is seeking a Program Manager to join its small, yet growing and dynamic team based in Ukraine. The Program Manager manages and oversees implementation of program activities within HIAS’ framework which are Legal Protection, Mental Health and Psychosocial Services, Economic Inclusion and Gender Based Violence Programs. This position leads in the coordination processes internally and with external partners to get humanitarian assistance for HIAS beneficiaries. The Program Manager will also support the Country Director in the coordination and management of the current programs, upcoming or new projects that contribute to the protection of the population of concern.
- Lead the development and implementation of activity work plans and budgets, ensuring effective implementation and achievement of priority initiatives and activities
- Organize and manage donor contract requirements, program planning and implementation from start to completion of project periods- with keenness to deadlines, milestones, and processes
- Provide oversight of program implementation and execution of program plans via regular financial, program tracking reports and M&E data related to monitoring program performance.
- Supervise Program Managers and actively be involved in provision of feedback and resolution of problems/challenges during implementation
- Oversee the management of field office operations and carry out periodic monitoring visits
- Manage internal coordination processes to facilitate the necessary resources to develop and implement HIAS programs.
- Periodically participate in case meetings to identify needs and trends for purposes of identifying strategies to enhance the attention of such cases.
- Review and advise on current programming models in consultation with Country Director to enhance HIAS’ services to refugees
- Act as a HIAS liaison with donors and HIAS Partners for coordination of monitoring activities and management of partnerships
- Participate in thematic meetings with other implementing partners whenever called upon or needed.
- Coordinate the timely preparation of comprehensive and statistical reports requested by donors, plans for proposals and other projects documents.
- Review program reports prepared to determine progress and programmatic issues that require resolution
- Follow up and monitor accomplishment of activities, goals, and timely reporting to donors, according to the schedules agreed.
- In support of HIAS Business Development initiatives, provide oversight in technical conceptualization and writing of high-quality technical proposals for funding
- Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork in support of successful program implementation
- Ensure services to beneficiaries are offered in a professional and ethical manner.
- Support HIAS Operational Framework on Accountability to Affected populations
- Oversee the implementation and application of HIAS’ standard operating procedures are done in line with HIAS’ policies on safeguarding to beneficiaries’ children, adults, and staff.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Country Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Master’s degree desired.
- A minimum of 9-11 years of working experience, preferably with an INGO.
- Minimum of 5 years in Management.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations framework
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills required.
- Responsible, Professional and with Integrity
- Ability to work with people from different culture settings.
- Ability to work effectively with teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations, especially refugees or asylum seekers.
- Knowledge on Computers; Ms-Office, Email, and Internet.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian (oral and written).
- Must have the rights to work and live in Ukraine.
*This position is for Ukrainian nationals.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required or permanent location. Location is subject to change based on programmatic needs. Flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing work environment with many crucial deadlines. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours of responsibilities as needed.
Over one hundred years ago, the Jewish community founded HIAS (originally the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society) in New York City, the immigrant gateway to America. Supporting Jews fleeing persecution and poverty in Eastern Europe, our founders were guided by the traditions, texts and history of the Jewish people—a history of oppression, displacement and diaspora. HIAS has since helped generations of Jews facing violence because of who they were, and HIAS remains committed to helping Jewish refugees anywhere in the world. Today, our clients at HIAS come from diverse faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds, as do our staff. We bring our experience, history and values to our work across five continents, ensuring that refugees today receive the vital services and opportunities they need to thrive.
HIAS is a learning community, committed to diversity and inclusion. We do our work with integrity, accountability, transparency and a commitment to the highest ethical standards. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our teams located in the United States and across the globe. People who identify as BIPOC, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQ+ community and people with lived experiences of forced displacement or immigration are all encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects our vision, mission and values.
HIAS stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety and opportunity.
Drawing on our Jewish values and history, HIAS provides vital services to refugees and asylum seekers around the world and advocates for their fundamental rights so they can rebuild their lives.
Welcome • Acogimiento • Hospitalité
We Welcome the Stranger
Justice • Justicia • Justice
We Pursue Justice
Empathy • Empatía • Empathie
We Approach our Clients with Empathy
Partnership • Compañerismo • Coopération
We Believe in Changing the World through Partnership
Courage • Coraje • Courage
We Act with Courage to Build a Better World
Resilience • Resiliencia • Résilience
We Adapt and Thrive, Continuously Demonstrating our Resilience
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.
HIAS is committed to the protection of children, vulnerable adults and any other person from any harm caused directly or indirectly due to their coming into contact with HIAS. We will not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or any form of child abuse or neglect by our staff or associated personnel. Any candidate offered a job with HIAS will be expected to sign and adhere to HIAS’ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records. HIAS also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. Likewise, HIAS will share this information when other organizations inquire about current and former HIAS staff as part of their recruitment process. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to apply
To apply, please visit: Program Manager – Careers At HIAS Inc. (hrmdirect.com)