The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for our Country Management Team.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Human Resources & Admin Manager will work closely with key country staff and with Regional HR to manage to lead HR and Admin functions together with Safeguarding in Turkey Country Office. This role will be accountable for establishing and will ensure implementation of HR & Admin policies and practice consistent with Save the Children’s global policies and procedures and in line with relevant Turkish legislation.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- At least 4 years of relevant senior experience managing HR services in Turkey
- Proven operational HR experience of providing senior generalist HR service to senior managers across a full range of HR issues
- Proven experience of effectively managing administration department through a customer service approach
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of HR teams through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plan
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of Human Resources in the Country Office and ensuring the most effective support to line management (including the ability to synthesise and analyse complex information and present clear and informed solutions)
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience in leading multicultural teams, working across multiple locations and building value driven teams
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issue.
- Good attention to detail
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver induction briefing/training
- Advanced working knowledge with MS Office applications (i.e. Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English and Turkish, with experience in working with multicultural teams.
- Willingness to work and travel to field offices in Turkey
- Commitment to Save the Children aims and principles and in particular commitment to Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety policies.
- Experience working with humanitarian crisis is highly desired
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uNzM0NjYuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t