The White Helmets
ABOUT THE WHITE HELMETS
The White Helmets (WH) is a non-for-profit organisation with offices in Canada, Europe, Turkey and Syria. We work to support the civilian population in conflict zones through the implementation of a wide range of stabilisation and humanitarian activities, which provide community resilience to millions of people. Our primary focus has been on the Syrian crisis through the work of the Syria Civil Defence and we are looking at expanding our activities to other countries.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the overall supervision of the Les Casques Blancs’ Operations Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator -HRC- is responsible for handling a wide range of HR tasks, providing advice on HR related matters, writing and updating policies and procedures, advising on labour law’s obligations, and supporting staff well-being.
The Human Resources Coordinator will work in a standalone role with responsibility and accountability for the full employee life cycle and should have experience of working in a fast-paced environment, plus, the ability to multitask and deal with a wide range of enquires.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Duty station: Montreal Office – Quebec, Canada
- Line manager: Operations Manager
- Line management Responsibility: HR Officers(s)/ Recruiter(s)
- Full-time/Part-time: Full-time
Tasks and activities:
- Partnering with senior management to lead HR efforts at strategic level.
- Reviewing and keeping up to date The organization’s HR policies and procedures, HR templates, and the organization’s HR management system in accordance with the local laws and regulations.
- Getting actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting advertisements, and managing the hiring processes and reports.
- Reviewing employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Collating and recording information for payroll within the appropriate timeframe.
- Administering HR related processes and relevant documentation (Recruitment, contracts management, leaves and attendance, payroll, employee exiting, etc.).
- Creating and implementing effective induction process for the organization’s new hires.
- Providing technical support to the heads of HR in other offices when needed, especially with regards to policies development and recruiting senior positions.
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the HR team members to ensure standard processes and procedures are understood, complied with and amended as required.
- Liaising with internal System Developer to keep HR system and processes up to date.
- Overseeing and managing the performance appraisal framework and supporting line managers when necessary.
- Submit HR related statistical reports to the senior management on regular basis.
- Ensuring setting-up staff well-being plans and properly implementing them.
Required qualifications: Education, Experience and Competencies:
- University studies/ Higher education in Human Resources, Public Relations, Business Administration, or related fields.
- At least 3- 5 years of proven professional previous Human Resources experience.
- Very good knowledge of general IT systems and applications including spreadsheets, word processing, databases, HRIS, and Microsoft suite
- Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Ability to manage multiple activities and identify priorities, meet deadlines, and solve problems in a complex environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and also collaboratively within a team
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills, and able to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff and stakeholders.
- Fluent in English and French (Spoken and Written). Arabic is desirable.
- High standards of confidentiality, reliability, and discretion;
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form by clicking on this Link and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role and interest in what we do.
Closing date for application: 01 Dec 2022.
Please note that due to the urgency of this position we will review the applications regularly and we do reserve the right to close this advertisement early; closing date will be upon successful recruitment.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted.
Closing date: 12/31/2022