Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
IRW Tunisia office is currently looking to recruit a talented and qualified HR Officer for its country office. The post holder will provide support to the HR unit in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, and administrative duties.
Scope and Duties
- To ensure the development of an efficient, clear and transparent HR Department in Tunisia.
- Responsible for day-to-day HR management, reporting and development of the IR Tunisia HR-related operation.
- Prepare job descriptions, advertise vacant positions, and manage the employment process.
- Induct new employees and train existing employees.
- Monitor employee performance.
- Ensure that all employees are organized and satisfied in their work environment.
- Oversee the health and safety of all employees.
- Implement systematic staff development procedures.
- Provide counselling on policies and procedures.
- Ensure meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Communicate with staff about issues affecting their performance.
- Ensure accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format.
The post holder must show a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles and commitment to IRW vision and mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BSc degree in human resources.
- Relevant experience in human resources.
- Additional training/certification in Payroll Management – may be advantageous.
- Labour Relations certification – may be advantageous.
- Experience as a Skills Development Facilitator – may be advantageous.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution.
- Knowledge of employment legislation.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English
- Experience in Employee Relations.
- Can run HR function with no or little supervision.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications such as MS word, Excel, and Outlook
- Problem-solving skills
- Culturally sensitive
- Empathy with the ethics and values of Islamic Relief
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post.
Please send your CV and the cover letter to [email protected] no later than 31.08.2022.
Please note we are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on race, age, gender, or nationality.
Closing date: 8/31/2022