Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
PURPOSE OF DEPARTMENT:
The Recruitment of HR Officer will be as a support to the HR unit in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, and administrative duties.
- To ensure the development of an efficient, clear and transparent HR Department in Tunisia.
- Responsible for creating, planning, coordinating, day-to-day HR management, reporting and developing of the IR Tunisia HR-related operation.
- Preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, and managing the employment process.
- Orientating new employees and training existing employees.
- Monitoring employee performance.
- Ensuring that all employees are organized and satisfied in their work environment.
- Overseeing the health and safety of all employees.
- Implementing systematic staff development procedures.
- Providing counselling on policies and procedures.
- Ensuring meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Communicating with staff about issues affecting their performance.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief Worldwide vision and mission.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in human resources.
- Additional training/certification in Payroll Management – may be advantageous.
- Labour Relations certification – may be advantageous.
- Experience as a Skills Development Facilitator – may be advantageous.
- Able to engage in meaningful negotiation and resolution.
- Knowledge of employment legislation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Protecting the interests of all employees.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications especially, MS word, Excel, and Outlook
- Problem-solving skills
- Culturally sensitive
- Empathy with the ethics and values of Islamic Relief
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Employment is subject to clearance, screening, reference check and also a right to work in Tunisia.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 8/31/2022