Summary of Role
This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities. Therefore, you must currently hold the right to work in the UK.
The contract duration for Humanitarian Programmes Manager is three years fixed term. The post holder to have overall management responsibility and accountability of the Humanitarian Programmes work streams through the continual development and management of humanitarian capacity and surge resources ensuring high quality programme delivery to communities affected by disasters. This includes responding to slow and rapid onset emergencies and supporting communities to become resilient to future shocks.
The role will also contribute to the development of the global humanitarian programme strategy whilst providing operational management assistance, funding and programmatic support to the humanitarian team at country level and partners. The Humanitarian Programmes Manager (HPM) will work in close coordination with the Country Management, Partnership and Institutional Funding team and is expected further strengthen existing MA emergency intervention strategy and alert system.
The postholder will be required to travel at short notice.
About the Role
- In coordination with the Head of International Programmes, to lead the development of Muslim Aid’s Emergency intervention Strategy and strengthen existing alert system.
- To develop humanitarian rapid response models for Rapid Response Teams’ deployments from HQ, through country offices and/ or through partner organisation’s at country level and non- country offices.
- To write effective and timely proposals for disaster and emergency response for non-country offices in consultation with the Emergency Task Force.
- To ensure that quality control systems are put in place for the adequate management of various responsibilities, such as: disaster preparedness; needs assessment; project proposal writing and budget preparation; project implementation (including the financial management, administration and timely reporting of projects), project monitoring and evaluation.
- To represent Muslim Aid in broader coalitions addressing wider advocacy issues on the impact of global emergencies.
- To support the Institutional Fundraising Lead in all areas in order to maximize income opportunities for emergencies and disasters
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level.
- Understanding of emergency programmes design, implementation and evaluation
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; using of quantitative and qualitative research data collected in support of programme development
- Knowledge of SPHERE, CHS and DEC Accountability Framework priorities and other humanitarian/development sector initiatives and standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with people at various levels.
- Strong and well-developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports.
How to apply
Why you should Apply
If you are an experienced Humanitarian Programmes Manager, looking for a challenge to make a positive difference around the world to help the most needy and vulnerable, then this is an exciting time to join our International programmes team.
Benefits you will enjoy if you work for us:
- 37 days holiday (including Bank Holidays and Privilege days)
- Hybrid working
- Employee benefits with Perkbox
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- 2 hours lunch break on Fridays
- Time off in Lieu (TOIL)
How to apply:
To apply please click ‘Apply for this role’ link on our website https://www.muslimaid.org/vacancies/humanitarian-programmes-manager/
If there are any issues or concerns with your application, please contact [email protected]
We are interviewing on a rolling basis so apply at your earliest convenience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date: 10/2/2022