Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies
Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian not-for-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya. It is a Registered Trust of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK). The Organization’s core mandate is being a reliable supply chain for quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services. MEDS was established in 1986 and serves clients spread all over Kenya and other regions both in Africa and beyond.
The position will report to the ICT Manager and will be responsible for providing technical support to users, evaluating application requirements and design specifications, developing applications that meet specifications as well as, creating and maintaining as-built application documentation, for the Branch.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, internet/networks, set up peripherals such as printers or routers, repair equipment, and provide support for computer network user’s printers and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests in the ICT help desk system.
- Assist in the setting up of the Branch computer systems for effective sharing of resources.
- Train and provide support to users for efficient and effective use of ICT systems.
- Maintain and Support Branch computer network for reliable connectivity.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT software, media kits and licenses.
- Backup and keep custody of Branch databases as well as user data, databases for security, and quick recovery. Occasionally test data for integrity.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT consumables and dispose as required.
- Setup equipment such as laptops, video conference equipment, interactive white boards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment’s when necessary and ensure , that such systems are always ready for use, and operating correctly
- Assist in creating a structured approach to rolling out new hardware, or software, including testing and assessing the needs for training
- Perform basic diagnostic routine, to detect, diagnose, and resolve most PC, printer peripheral, devices and network faults.
- Perform checks to ensure broadband connectivity is maintained.
- Develop a maintenance schedule for all computer hardware, software and networks, and ensure that it is followed as laid down under the QMS system.
- Write reports, track inventory, evaluate new technologies and develop contingency plans to mitigate software failures.
- Offer ICT support to existing information systems including the ERP.
- Support development and implementation of new computer software projects
1. Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology.
2. Functional skills: competencies in hardware, software SQL database management, organizational skills and communication skills
3. At least 2 years in systems administration, application development, hardware and software maintenance and user support
4. At least 2 years’ experience in database implementation and administration
5. Knowledge and skills in ERP will be an added advantage
6. Behavioural competencies and attitude: High level of integrity, interpersonal relations, self-driven and attention to detail, mental resilience, establishing rapport
7. Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
8. Ability to provide user training.
9. Customer service focus essential.
10. Flexibility around schedule required.
11. Willingness to expand support capabilities essential.
How to apply
If you fit this profile, kindly email your written application and CV to [email protected]
By: 25th May 2022