International Committee of the Red Cross
About the Job
ICT Specialist manages and organizes all ICT systems and offers ICT related services in the area of responsibility. S/he assists the ICT Coordinator in designing and installing ICT infrastructure.
This is a national/resident position based in Kismayo, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently installs, maintains, repairs and monitors ICT equipment in line with ICRC standards
- As a part of global support services handles customer/staff queries and escalates as per the ICT policy
- In charge for ICT daily operations at Kismayo, Dhobley and Bardheere
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly, carries out regular physical checks and maintains adequate stocks levels
- Ensures that existing ICT infrastructure is functional and carries out regular maintenance
- Ensures that Global and Country-level policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Conducts end-user briefings and trainings, focusing on the ICRC ICT systems
- Travels to other sites across Somalia to offer technical support and projects roll out when needed
- Trains and supervises the team and supports in staff development
- Supports in development and update of technical documentation for all IT equipment
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Electronics or Computer Science
- 4 years’ troubleshooting experience in ICT service catalogue; workplace services, telecommunications, IT and help desk
- Windows Server Technology Certification
- Security Gateway and Fire wall Certification
- Skilled in LAN and WAN configuration
- Knowledgeable and skilled in Wireless and VSat technologies
- Experience in Project management and report writing
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a very busy environment
- Good command of English and Somali language
- Good knowledge of the social, economic and political affairs of the assigned region
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address [email protected]. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 22nd March 2023. Clearly indicate the position title ICT Specialist Kismayo in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Click on this link to fill job application form – ICT Specialist Kismayo
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to [email protected].**
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.
Deadline: 22 Mar 2023