Application deadline: 23 March 2023
Duty Station: New York, USA
Contract level: IICA 3
- * Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!!!
- *CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Manager and in coordination with the partner manager, the Senior Project Manager will be performing the following functions:
Summary of Functions:
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Project Management
- Project Management Tool
Project Management Office (PMO)
- Lead the communication with partners to collect, compile and report the information related to the progress of key strategic projects.
- Provide the oversight and compliance of partner programmes and projects globally, as detailed in relevant technology strategic and governance documents.
- Establish local project management structures in line with corporate standards, and train project managers as needed.
- Review, improve and maintain standardized set of project management methodologies, standards and templates for all ICT entities across the UN Secretariat.
- Disseminate project management standards and templates to all ICT stakeholders on the partner side.
- Prepare regular reports for partner’s Senior Management on project progress, key risks and issues, and highlight any matters that require senior management attention for their projects.
- Actively interact with other Project Managers and the wider PM community to share case studies, lessons learned and best practices.
- Support project audit activities, including planning, preparation and coordination during the audits and follow up on audit observations/recommendations.
- Spearhead efforts to assign project managers to various assignments in different technology projects, based on predefined conditions, such as capacity, expertise, availability and priority.
- Plan and manage assigned projects by working with the partner in accordance with agreed upon methodology and project management best practices.
- Coordinate quarterly Global Project Oversight Board meetings, periodic meetings as required.
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement and communication, ensuring effective timing and interdependency management of communications. Ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover outputs.
- Research and logging of lessons learned throughout the project life span.
Project Management Tool
- Take a lead role in ensuring compliance of the project management governance of partner’s projects in the project management tool environment.
- Serve as a custodian of information for assigned projects in the project management tool.
**Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Monitoring and Progress Controls**
The Senior Project Manager assists in managing and leading project management scope of work. S/he will manage clients’ expectations, resources and deliveries. S/he will adhere to all governance and process established by the partner.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree) in Information Technology, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in Information Technology, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline and 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- PMP or PRINCE 2 certification is highly desirable
Work Experience / Language:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional experience in leading and managing complex ICT projects/operations or engineering solutions;
- Within these 7 years:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading and managing large scale complex project
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in working with MS Project or similar enterprise tools
- Experience in establishing a PMO in a large organization
Desired experience: The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply
- Sound experience on information systems management and support
- Strong knowledge of broad administrative functional activities, and practical business analysis experience
- Knowledgeable about UN system policies and operations an advantage
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an asset.
How to apply
The interested candidates need to submit their application on or before 23 March 2023 through our job portal following link below. Please find more information on how to apply on our UNOPS Jobs portal, here. Find here more details about Staff contract modality.
- Senior Project Manager
Deadline: 23 Mar 2023