Sightsavers works to end avoidable blindness and fight for disability rights in more than 30 countries in Africa and South Asia. We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager to support our Social Media team to promote the organisation’s work, maintain its reputation online and ultimately help make the world a more inclusive place.
Title: Social Media Community Manager (maternity cover) x2
Location: UK remote or hybrid. Office in Haywards Heath, a short train journey from Brighton and London.
Global – Kenya (Nairobi ) and Nigeria (Abuja or Kaduna) remote, hybrid or in office.
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract (possibility of extension)
Hours: Full time / part time / flexible. Ideally four or five days a week.
Salary: UK – £35,000 – £40,000 per annum pro rata. Kenya and Nigeria – Local terms and conditions apply
About the role
We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager to grow and manage a global community of online supporters and to develop and deliver social media strategy to promote Sightsavers’ work. This is an exciting opportunity for a social media professional who has experience of using paid and organic social media to grow audiences and deliver engaging social media campaigns for a professional brand or organisation. You’ll be passionate about using social media to make the world a more inclusive place and may be looking for the opportunity to develop your creative and strategic social media skills.
Key duties of the Social Media Community Manager role will include:
- Developing and leading on the delivery of Sightsavers’ Global Social Media Approach on assigned channels
- Protecting and enhancing Sightsavers’ reputation globally, responding quickly and effectively to potential reputational risks
- Ensuring channel output is on-brand with a strong emphasis on accessibility and inclusion.
Content production and social media strategy
- Managing the production of social media posts
- Use audience insights to offer evidence-based solutions to communications problems and proactively contributing to communications campaign planning
- Developing, implementing and evaluating social media strategy to communicate one of Sightsavers’ thematic areas of work (eye health, neglected tropical diseases and disability inclusion)
- Identifying opportunities to engage new supporters online
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see here for the Job Description for full details.
Social Media Community Manager Jobholder Requirements
- Proven track record of creative development and delivery of social media project or campaign management experience within a professional organisation
- Excellent storytelling ability
- Project management and content production skills, including photo and video editing tools (such as Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro or similar)
- Experience in using social media to grow, steward and convert an engaged supporter or customer base
- Knowledge of national and international social media
- Experience working with stakeholders to deliver strategic, audience-led social media communications
- Ability to use learnings from social media monitoring and analysis to continually optimise social media content
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fundamentals of fundraising and campaigning within the INGO/wider charity sector
- Experience in using social media internationally to grow a global audience base
- Experience setting an agile social media strategy
Closing date: Sunday 26 March 2023
How to apply
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place mid-April and the evaluation process will include a demonstration of your previous relevant work and a remote interview.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal using the below link. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.
Deadline: 26 Mar 2023