Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders), an international medical humanitarian association founded in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose lives are threatened: mainly in cases of armed conflict, but also epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters or exclusion from care.
MSF WACA (West and Central Africa) was created in 2019 and aims to bring about a change in the dynamics of the MSF movement. WACA is driven by a significant number of doctors and humanitarians of Doctors Without Borders from West and Central Africa who wish to be heard, to contribute and above all to proactively assume responsibility for the humanitarian mission of the organization. WACA reflects an identity of humanitarians, an aspiration for MSF, a truly inclusive movement of people who share the values of empathy for others. Its strength is based on other MSF associations and its associative fiber is amplified by concrete operational objectives.
Why join us ?
You will find yourself a rich multicultural environment embellished with many relaxation areas to exchange or just create. The opportunity to test and learn. Every idea is welcome, your comments and opinions will be appreciated at all levels of the organization. The chance to be a key player in a growing and highly qualified team. And most importantly, great colleagues in a healthy work environment… (yes, yes..)
We are looking for: Information Systems Program Manager
Department: Information Technology
Direct Manager: Head of Information Technology Department
Number of Team members to manage: 01
Working %: 100%
Position based in: Ivory Coast
Mobility: up to 30% (field in Africa region)
Type of contract: Duration**:** Fixed term duration (12 months), renewable
Position to be filled on: ASAP
The Information Systems Program Manager under the direction of the Head of IT, provides technical leadership on Information’s Systems related IT projects portfolio and manage MSF WaCA software assets lifecycle. She/he will be expected to:
- Optimize the acquisition, deployment, maintenance, utilization, and disposal of software applications;
- Ensure interoperability of new software platforms with the existing architecture;
- Ensure licencing compliance;
- Manage internal developers, consultants, and IT software vendors.
- Serve as IT liaison with all departments the acquisition, deployment, maintenance, utilization, and disposal of software applications Optimise the management of Software assets;
- Provide technical support on information systems setup, administration and maintenance;
- Conduct formal meetings with key stakeholders, to gather, analyze, and translate functional business requirements and workflows into technical requirements;
- Manage IT staff and external IT service providers in relation with business applicationsc;
- Contribute to the development of solutions (Web and Windows);
- Liaise with relevant Digital Transformation team members for feedbacks on processes, customer experience, changing business requirements globally;
- Prepare and maintain technical reports and documentation;
- Implement relevant information security and data privacy controls in collaboration with the Head of IT and the Data Protection Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience;
- Relevant training in Software Asset Management (mandatory) / certification preferred;
- Agile project Management official training or certification (desirable);
- Official training or certification in IT Service Management Practices and tools (desirable).
Competencies / Skills:
- Knowledge of Software Assets Management (ISO 19770 standard, DINROS model…);
- Agile project management knowledge;
- Information System analysis and design (MERISE, UML…) and software quality assurance;
- Web application and database development;
- Knowledge of ERP projects delivery;
- Knowledge of medical applications;
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure as part of project and support teams with experience of delivering communications and engagement strategies;
- Agility, ability to work with a little supervision;
- Out of box thinker, anticipator and innovator;
- Good written and verbal communications with an eye for accuracy and detail;
- Ability to create workflows using common types of event triggers and conditional flow logic.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionaly;
- Stakeholder management;
- Relationship management;
- Effective management of multiple diverse tasks concurrently;
- Ability to learn new skills in a short period of time.
- Relevant experience working in a professional and challenging environment;
- Experience converting business requirements to solution specifications;
- Experience of relational database systems and Object Oriented Programming;
- Experience of medical applications (EMR, Hospital management…).
- Fluency in english and french.
N.B.: Kindly do not re-apply if you have already done so, previously. Thank you for your understanding.
This job description provides a framework for the main responsibilities and primary activities of the position. It is not exhaustive. Therefore, the responsibilities and activities of the position may differ from those described in this job description due to organizational and operational needs.
In a dynamic work environment, MSF offers equal recruitment and development opportunities without any form of discrimination based on gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, geographical origin, profile, physical disability or any other discriminatory ground.
Deadline: 20/10/2022 at 18:00 GMT Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.