Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression
The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit organisation registered in France in 2004, governed by a non-remunerated board. It has held a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) since 2011.
SCM’s vision is for a world based on freedom, justice, and equality that respects personal dignity, human rights, and fundamental freedoms.
Unit-Department: Information Technology / Digital Security
Job title/ Profession: IT/DS Manager
No. of positions available: 1
Type of contract and duration: 12 months
Type of Announcement: (Internal/External)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in IT operations.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, AZURE administrator CERT is a must”, databases and data storage systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritise
- A firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
Years of Experience: 2 to 5 years of experience working in IT operations.
Languages: High proficiency in both English and Arabic.
How to apply
- The CV should contain full contact information (phone number – Skype), previous experiences with professional references, academic qualifications and three reference contacts.
- The CV must be in PDF format with the full name of the applicant in the title.
- Applications should be sent via email to: [email protected] with the name of the vacancy in the email subject.
- Any request sent after the deadline will be ignored.
- The CV review process will start after the advertisement period expires, and only candidates who have moved to the second stage of the recruitment process will be invited for interviews.
- We apologise in advance for not sending responses to the rest of the applicants.
Closing date: 8/31/2022