FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy. Full vaccination is currently defined as two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Booster doses are not required at this time.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Internal Communications within Corporate Communications, the Internal Communications Manager works collaboratively across the organization to develop and implement internal communications initiatives that strengthen employee ownership of business strategy and objectives, foster open dialogue, increase employee engagement, and provide appropriate, inclusive messages that resonate with FHI 360’s diverse global staff. Key functions include providing strategic and tactical communications support and developing strong partnerships with organizational leaders and teams.
**Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter with their applications.
The successful candidate will be an experienced internal communicator with excellent storytelling skills and a passion for providing employees with the support they need to navigate organizational change. They will be resourceful, creative and skilled at synthesizing complex information into clear, relevant messages. They must possess strong judgment to solve problems quickly and excellent project management skills to see projects through from conception to completion.
The Internal Communications Manager will write and edit a variety of content and develop and execute internal campaigns, initiatives and events. Even temperament and a good sense of humor are appreciated.
- Develop and implement communications and project management plans for internal campaigns and initiatives, completing objectives on time and within budget. Experience working on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives is a plus.
- Provide strategic counsel to internal clients on how to communicate information to employees.
- Create change management plans to support internal clients, including Human Resources, Facilities, Finance, Information Technology and others, in launching new systems, processes and technologies to employees.
- Research, write and post corporate content to intranet.
- Assist in management of various internal communications vehicles and platforms.
- Write and develop articles, brochures, emails, website content, social media posts, speeches, talking points, video scripts, PowerPoint presentations and other deliverables as needed.
- Plan and manage the production of large internal meetings for U.S.-based and global employees, including all hands meetings and round tables.
- Write strong, clear and compelling copy while maintaining consistency of voice, style, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Secure the appropriate approvals for all communications deliverables.
- Manage project teams; coach/mentor junior staff.
- Contribute, through everyday actions, to an organizational culture of diversity, commitment to social change, high performance, continuous quality improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in Journalism, English, Communications or related field
- At least 5-8 years of internal communications experience. Experience working within a non-governmental organization (NGO) focused on public health, international development or public policy is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal communications concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to both develop strategies and implement detailed plans
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage teams effectively to accomplish goals in a fast-paced environment
- Strong judgment in developing methods and evaluating criteria for performing duties and obtaining results
- Passion for working in a mission-oriented environment
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
Technology to be Used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Microsoft SharePoint, Unily intranet platform, Adobe Photoshop, e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones and other hand-held devices.
- Less than 10%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
How to apply
Closing date: 10/14/2022