We are looking for Advocacy Coordinator to facilitate WATAN’s advocacy efforts internally within Turkey, and to liaise with external advocacy partners such as donors, foreign governments, INGO forums in the region, humanitarian actors, INGO groups such as Interaction and other actors to strengthen advocacy efforts related to Turkey and Syria.
- At least 3 years of experience in a planning and managing advocacy campaign setting with a local NGO/INGO.
- Relevant work experience in policy analysis, advocacy strategic planning, Communications, research, media, data gathering and/or information management.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement advocacy strategies with clear theories of change.
- Familiarity with humanitarian principles and response architecture (such as UN-led coordination mechanisms).
- Knowledge of the Syria context or previous experience working in Syria or the Middle East
- Strong communication, inter-personal, facilitation and diplomatic skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, with strong writing and editing skills. Knowledge Arabic is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
International Advocacy will be responsible mainly for :
- Lead advocacy efforts called by WATAN members/Steering Committee and ensure policies are conducted and implemented.
- strengthen WATAN Advocacy Working Group and ensure the timely production of advocacy and influencing materials/products.
- Develop and implement WATAN advocacy work plan in collaboration with WATAN Media and Advocacy Team Leader and Steering Committee.
- Build a network with advocacy and other relevant staff in external agencies (Turkish government, Turkish NGOs, INGOs, Donors and UN bodies).
- Coordinate regular communication (including responsibility for meetings, webinars and presentations) and initiate partnerships with other departments, country programmes and WATAN member countries in order to share information and collaborate over opportunities, developing joint strategies, campaigns and actions.
- Organise and coordinate WATAN presence at international conferences and events
- Ensure that WATAN advocacy actions and products are presenting a balanced view and support the needs/rights of vulnerable people.
- Stay up-to-date on humanitarian, political, social and security issues relevant to Syria and Turkey and the wider response to the Syria Crisis.
- Collect, analyze and share information relevant to members and external stakeholders, in accordance with the goal of influencing international policies and improving Humanitarian operational atmosphere and protection level..
- Ensure effective communication for all advocacy and influencing issues related to the Forum.
- Support Media and Advocacy team with research and writing, for example researching information for a submission to an enquiry, or for a report or briefing pack.
- Administrative support to the Media and Advocacy Team overseeing correspondence to officials, taking reports and publications through the production process; supporting the organisation of delegations and maintaining contact lists.
- Assist with arranging opportunities to publicise WATAN’s key messages – eg planning public events and arranging logistic facilities for events; leading effective soft and hard distribution of our materials; arranging outreach to media (traditional and digital media).
- Maintain on-going knowledge, understanding and analysis of digital and social campaigning techniques from the private and not-for-profit sectors in order to inform delivery of WATAN digital advocacy work
- Contribute content to WATAN website, blog and social media to help achieve our organisational objectives and strengthen our brand presence
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required.
How to apply
If you face any problem, kindly send your CV to: [email protected]
Deadline: 6 Apr 2023