Introduction to Organization
Established in 2007, AAN Associates is a ‘Social Enterprise’ established to enable development partners in finding simple, innovative, cost-efficient, and sustainable solutions to developmental challenges. AAN Associates brings extensive research and evaluation experience in varied contexts i.e., development to humanitarian (including complex emergencies) crises. AAN has undertaken more than 110 consulting projects in over 24 countries (East Asia and Pacific, South & West Asia, Middle East, East and South Africa, and West Africa), with bi / multilateral funding agencies, United Nations, public sector, and non-profit entities.
AAN is a growing organization with a distinctive track of producing award winning research and evaluations. These awards and distinctions have come to complement AAN’s recognition as practice lead in ‘Social Research’ and ‘Evaluations. AAN is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy underpinned by excellence in service, improvising innovation, and technology, strengthening partnerships and resources, forging institutional systems and diversity.
AAN Associates is looking for a Social Protection Expert for an upcoming assignment in Zimbabwe. The Social Protection Expert is expected to assist the Evaluation Team Lead in delegated assignment management functions such as Literature Review, Evaluation Methodology design, Tools Development, Pre-testing and Finalization, Field Data Collection, Consolidation, Analysis, and Report Writing.
Following are the requirements to apply for the position:
- Must have a degree in Social Sciences, Child Protection, Social Protection or other related fields with at least a Bachelor’s Degree. M.Phil in Social Protection is preferred.
- Must have proven relevant experience of 10 years minimum pertaining to Social Protection, Child Protection, Child Rights, Evaluation, Research and/or any other relevant experience.
- Prior experience of evaluation of social protection programmes and understanding of social protection systems is preferred
- Understanding of child rights, human rights-based approaches to programming, including gender and equity considerations.
- Ability to write reports clearly and concisely.
- Oral and written fluency in English (mandatory requirement). Additional languages native to Africa are a plus!
- Experience of working in Zimbabwe, especially carrying out evaluations of social protection programs in Zimbabwe is appreciated.
- Strong analytical skills to compile and consolidate a variety of inputs and produce concise and easy-to-understand documents
- Data collection (both quantitative and qualitative) and data analysis experience is plus!
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
How to apply
Interested consultants must email at [email protected] along with their updated CVs and cover letters (in English and in Word Format) aforementioned information to express their interest by mentioning “International Social Protection Expert” in the subject line.