The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The position is remunerated with 2.810 €.
Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) country programme in Burkina Faso has been rapdily increasing in scope in a dynamic and complex context with the aim to eradicate hunger and poverty while supporting vulnerable people in precarious situations. Our main operational presence is in Centre Nord, Centre Est and Hauts Bassins region. As Junior Expert Programmes, you will support the Programmes department and contribute to the implementation of our humanitarian and development activities in Burkina Faso. In doing so, you will further develop and standardize MEAL tools, partnership strategies and needs assessments.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of lessons learnt (tools) from emergency, humanitarian, transitional aid and development projects implemented by the Country Office
- Support WHH’s needs analyses in targeted areas to promote the development of new initiatives adapted to a dynamic context
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a Country Partnership Strategy in line with WHH’s best practices for global partnerships
- Prepare regular reports on the project’s implementation status and local developments
- Monitor the implementation of projects and ensure conceptual and strategic development and backstopping
- Contribute to the development of a monitoring and reporting system for the implementation of the Core Humanitarian Standards of each WHH project in Burkina Faso
- A relevant university or polytechnic degree – a completion of a graduate programme (e.g. NOHA/ SLE) relevant to the position would be desirable
- First job-related experience in international development and/or humanitarian aid, e.g. as part of an internship or previous work experience
- Initital working experience with key insitutional donors would be an advantage
- Familiarity with the project management cycle
- Strong competence in intercultural communication and teamwork
- High level of flexibility, adaptability as well as stress resilience
- Ability to work under difficult and volatile local conditions
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; German language skills would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 29, 2023 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Deadline: 29 Mar 2023