Job Title: Regional Program Manager – Middle East & South Asia
Job Status: Independent Contractor, 6-month engagement with possibility of extension
Job Location: Middle East and South Asia Region – Remote
Reports to: Director of Health and Emergency Programs
Starting date: Immediately
MedGlobal is a humanitarian non-governmental organization working to save lives and serve vulnerable communities around the world by providing healthcare and building resilience. Our health services support refugees, displaced persons, and other marginalized communities in crisis-affected and low-resource settings.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects our core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers, coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct. The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal.
MedGlobal is looking for a Regional Program Manager who will be part of the Programs department, supporting the program implementation in assigned countries. Under the line management of the Director of Health and Emergency Programs, his/her responsibilities will be to support the Country Offices in seeking in-country funding opportunities, partnerships, proposal development and overview of the implementation of projects in collaboration with the country director and field team, ensuring coordination with countries, compliance, quality and timeliness of the implementation and adequate reporting according to the donor’s requirements. The RPM will keep the senior management briefed on pertinent issues and changing circumstances as they arise. The RPM will be responsible to provide guidance to the country director to ensure the effective execution of programs, assess the need on the ground and seek funding and partnerships opportunities.
Country Program Support
- Guide and assist the assigned countries in the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of country programs
- Ensure coordination with other departments for proper start-up of activities in the countries of operation
- Support to ensure quality standards are respected in the implementation and overall management of programs within all phases of the responses
- Weekly meetings with all field teams to collect updates and ensure proper progress of weekly activities and tasks
- Liaising between HQ Directors/Managers and field Program managers and country representatives to ensure smooth communication and workflows
- Appraise and feedback on all project-related documents – i.e., concept notes, proposals, and reports, both narrative and financial, assessments, evaluations, reviews, etc.
- Track success rate of the program activities completed as per implementation plan.
- Development of project support documents (country profiles, briefing packets, etc.) and prepare or contribute to briefings on matters concerning assigned countries
- Support the field team in development of program budgets when needed
- Contribute towards staff training and organizational learning in assigned countries through participation at and facilitation of country level workshops, as required.
- Follow up on queries to and from the field with relevant departments – i.e. finance, purchasing/logistics, HR and IT.
- Work closely with the country director towards achieving the country goals and objectives and provide he required coaching and guidance accordingly
- Work closely with the ED to translate the organizational 3 years strategic plan into action plans
Field Administration, Logistics, and Training
- Ensure monthly financial reporting with the HQ
- Ensure maintaining databases of country-specific information and documentation of each country’s ongoing projects
- Providing training to field staff on database management, project management and project life cycle
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Audit
- Work with MedGlobal’s Monitoring and Evaluation team to implement M&E for the overall programs, as well as special MedGlobal programs
Contact, Communication and Coordination
- Contacting, communicating with, and meeting with interested parties regarding potential activities, including potential or current donors.
- Ensure that country director is attending regional and local sub-cluster meetings and/or problem-solving with our partner organizations depending on country location and virtual accessibility of meetings
- Representing the MedGlobal programs at various countrywide, regional, local level meetings
- Summarizing reports released by other humanitarian organizations, country governments, etc.
- Ensure that the country CD is Reviewing and prioritizing minutes from Health Cluster and other coordination meetings
Grant Management & External Relations Support
- In coordination with Country teams, input into concept notes and/or project proposals to be submitted to Grant Management Unit
- Monitor progress and provide inputs towards the development of quality reports.
- Oversee collecting all required information from the field partners to complete all grant reports
- Review in-country financial reports and ensure the maintenance of all required documentation per organizational policies during and at the end of the project
- Provide new volunteer orientation for all medical professionals and serve as their focal point
- Work on building a positive environment to support volunteers and increase their productivity during the missions
- Work with the country team to facilitate the process of entering the country for the planned visits or projects including the documents needed for a visa or any other necessary processes Plan, coordinate and streamline the logistics of volunteers while on all international visits for projects, including ensuring safety and security procedures
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Degree in health or nutrition-related fields is a plus.
- At least 5 years of NGO experience in multiple countries focused on principles and guidelines of program planning and implementation
- Experience with personnel management including supervision, training, monitoring, and evaluation
- Experience as a country representative preferred
- Experience with public and community relations
- Experiencing with project proposals writing, budgeting, and reporting methods
- Experience with computer systems, data records, and related software applications
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and project coordination skills
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility when needed.
- An extensive knowledge of the UN and INGOs funding and partnership system
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Availability for 40 hours of work per week
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: “Regional Program Manager – Middle East & South Asia”. The deadline to apply for this position is March 26, 2023, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Deadline: 26 Mar 2023