FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
The Active Communities (AC) project in Kyrgyzstan is a five-year initiative designed to improve the quality of life of Kyrgyz citizens by supporting local communities, local governments, civil society organizations and private sector actors in the joint identifying and addressing issues of local importance. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Knowledge Management Consultant.
The Active Communities project seeks to hire a Consultant to develop research questions, generating a series of brief learning and reflection papers, looking at key aspects of project implementation, contributing practical examples as well as general lessons on each of the areas that AC program is working.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial Consultant Agreement with the period of performance for up to 12 months.
Scope of Work
The Consultant will work with the Active Communities team and will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Developing short learning/reflection papers on power dynamics on legal barriers faced by three main categories of legal aid beneficiary, including GBV survivors, but also those facing systemic obstacles to access social security entitlements and identity documents;
- Developing short learning/reflection papers on adaptive ways of working in a politically dynamic environment and dealing with shifts in political power and impact on the civil society;
- Developing learning/reflection papers on civic engagement on leadership strengthened through ‘Initiative Groups’ and liaison officers is facilitating this process; and
- Elaborating learning /reflection paper Women’s leadership on how women’s leadership is evolving through JJ support as well as the political economy of this change process.
To contribute meaningfully, each lesson-sharing piece should be:
- Learning-oriented: technically detailed for a specialist audience
- Open and honest on lessons learnt
- Developed collaboratively with the team and partners where applicable
Location of Work: Working remotely
Travel: Not anticipated
Timetable and Address for Submission
Interested candidates may submit the below-mentioned documents for this consultancy to [email protected] by October 05, 2022, 09.00 a.m. Kyrgyzstan local time. Responses to this announcement should insert “Knowledge Management Consultant” in the subject line.
Desired qualifications include:
- At minimum, a master’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, international relations or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing data and creating specifications for reports.
- A minimum of seven years of professional experience in conducting analyses and writing reports, journals, articles, or other types of written materials.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
Evaluation Criteria: Proposals will be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
Area / Indicator / Proportion
At minimum, a master’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations, international relations or
related fields / 20%
Quality of service based on previous work references, samples, and CV / 60%
Daily rate in USD / 20%
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
FHI 360 Disclaimers
Covid-19 Safe Federal Workforce Provision for US Based Consultants: The selected Consultant will be required to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks after 2nd dose of a 2-dose series or 2 weeks after a single dose vaccine) and provide proof of vaccinationto the FHI 360 when requested and prior to receiving work from FHI 360. Selected consultant shall be required to comply with all Covid-19 safety protocols implemented by FHI 360. Covid-19 provisions may change at any time and without advance notice.
- FHI 360 may perform a background check on any selected Consultant candidates.
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition
- FHI 360’s supplier terms and conditions can be found here while our consultant terms and conditions can be found here
- Covid-19 Safe Federal Workforce Provision for US Based Consultants: The selected Consultant will be required to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks after 2nd dose of a 2-dose series or 2 weeks after a single dose vaccine) and provide proof of vaccinationto the FHI 360 when requested and prior to receiving work from FHI 360. Selected consultant shall be required to comply with all Covid-19 safety protocols implemented by FHI 360. Covid-19 provisions may change at any time and without advance notice.
How to apply
Respond via e-mail with attached document in MS Word / pdf format to [email protected]
Interested individual consultant/s must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
1. Letter of interest (2 pages maximum), stating
(b) experience in implementing similar assignments in the past five years, and
(c) proposed consultant daily rate for services
2. Curriculum vitae/resume
The Consultant agrees to hold the prices in its offer firm for 60 days from the date specified for the receipt of offers, unless another time is specified in the addendum of the RFP.
Closing date: 5-Oct-22