Save the Children
KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Save the Children International is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Knowledge Management Officer. The Knowledge Management Officer will provide technical assistance in the design and implementation of a knowledge management system that will encompass all country office programmes. The incumbent will as such provide support to our learning portfolio and the accountability system.The Knowledge Management Officer is needed to strengthen the result based and outcome oriented monitoring of the programmes as well as preparations for the final evaluation. He/She will need to have skills and competence to develop simple databases for data storage to facilitate the sharing and documentation of best practises and lessons learnt from our programming.
The Knowledge Management Officer works in close collaboration with the Evidence and Learning Manager, Accountability Coordinator and all MEAL Managers/Officers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: (not all inclusive)
- Effective Monitoring, Evaluation & Program Learning
- Provide technical support to all Country Office Programmes to ensure they align to SCI program quality framework by updating the required MEAL tools as required.
- Ensure programme goals, objectives and results are well adhered to through systematic monitoring through use of Quality Benchmarks
- Provide technical support to MEAL staff with regard to programme reporting and documentation and ensure high quality progress MEAL tools are submitted to the Country office dashboard to conform to the technical standards.
- Support MEAL activities including baseline, end-line surveys and midterm assessment/periodic reviews, and routine data collection, analysis and documentation.
- Contribute in developing a clear learning agenda and inclusive process for learning and reflection as well as on documentation of best practices
- Promote Downward Accountability
- Work with programme and MEAL staff to ensure that mechanisms for receiving and responding to feedback from beneficiaries, district council, donors, and other partners are functional
- Support the establishment of specific measures to ensure accountability to and participation of children
- Support PQD in the implementation of SCI’s Accountability Framework for Children through monitoring of accountability standards and facilitation of capacity building initiatives to staff and partners
- Represent Save the Children:
Represent Save the Children on relevant MEAL forums to promote Save the Children’s strategic interests in relation to learning and accountability
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Minimum of University first degree in development related subjects or any relevant field.
- Extensive and substantive relevant practical experience may also be considered
- At least four (4) years’ experience in programme cycle management; including planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and lessons learning in development field.
- Very good skills in Monitoring and Evaluation, effective use of log frame indicators and results based frameworks for reporting of outputs, outcomes and impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to lead and work effectively with interdisciplinary team with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in managing field data collection work
- Experience with computer packages such as MS Word, SPSS, EPI info, Access, Excel, power point and e-mail.
- Ability to collect data electronically by using any programme ODK, Tangerine, CSPro etc
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Experience in developing and implementing successful communication and advocacy plans.
- Ability to work well with Government systems, especially at the district level and below
- Responsibility to manage the expenses related to implementing own work plan
Contract Duration: 3 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS43NjE1MC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20