Norwegian Refugee Council
We believe in a world where the rights of displaced and vulnerable persons are protected during a crisis. We do this through our programs, where we help meet immediate humanitarian needs, prevent further displacement, and contribute to durable solutions. At the root of our programs are our solid technical expertise and specific sectorial knowledge aiming for the highest possible quality, whether in stand-alone or integrated approaches.
NRC has been operational in Cameroon since April 2017, and currently has five field offices; Maroua and Kousseri in the Far North; Buea in the South-West; Bamenda in the North-West, and Batouri in the East. The Livelihood, Food Security(LFS) Programme Development Manager (PDM) will be responsible for developing the strategy of the LFS Core Competence, securing and consolidating funding, and taking the lead for the overall technical LFS program management and planning, in close collaboration with the other technical program departments. The PDM will also support and manage the program implementation in close collaboration with Area Managers and the Head of Programmes(HoPs).
- Ensure appropriate planning for Multi-Sector Assessments to be conducted in displacement/return areas to identify priority needs and provide/trigger responses to identified needs
- Ensure that the selection of beneficiaries is based on needs and vulnerabilities. Special attention should be given to those living in hard-to-reach areas
- In coordination with the HoP, secure funding to consolidate the NRC CM LFS Core Competency(CC)
- Design and manage LFS projects, using innovative approaches to improve food production, trigger livelihood activities, cover multi-sectoral needs
- Collaborate and/or coordinate with all other Core Competencies on assessments, analysis, and implementation
- Implement training on relevant topics, including market analysis, entrepreneurship, and Cash Transfer Programming (CTP)
- Coordinate with the M&E team to monitor and evaluate projects, development, and the implementation of Post Intervention Monitoring
- Ensure that best practices/lessons learned are documented and disseminated
- Ensure the quality and completeness of data reported in GORS
- Ensure quality of reporting
- Ensure the harmonization of all LFS emergency project interventions/activities among the different field teams
- Support the development of common guidelines and SOPs
- Coordinate closely with Head of Program (HoP) and Country Director(CD) on protection and advocacy issues
- Provide regular progress reports to the Head of Programs
- Through close monitoring of the context, develop approaches and activities ensuring the promotion of and full adherence to the Do No Harm principles
What you will bring:
- Minimum 3 years experience working as a Project Manager in humanitarian and recovery contexts
- Master’s degree or similar/relevant field of business development, agriculture, economic recovery, or related field of expertise
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Food Security expertise – associated with both urban and rural contexts
- Livelihood and durable solutions experience – experience and knowledge with profiling process and graduation approach
- Expertise in cash-based intervention and market-based approaches including value chain approach
- Knowledge of the Red Rose platform
- Familiar with coordination mechanisms – cash working groups, food security working groups
- Able to represent the organization at a strategic level
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated to what we do.
- To be innovative with our solutions.
- To act as one unified and inclusive team.
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
We would like to encourage applications from all qualified and interested candidates. For further details, please view the full Job Description _ LFS Program Development Manager .pdf
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 12 months
- Duty Station: Maroua, Cameroon
- Travel: Up to 50% in the country
- Salary/benefits: Grade 9 according to NRC’s general direction
In case of any challenges in the application process, kindly write to [email protected]
How to apply
Deadline: 27 Mar 2023