Norwegian Refugee Council
Roles and responsibilities:
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Understanding of international INCOTERMS, freight forwarding and customs regulations
- Management of the supply chain team
- Ensure anti-corruption focus in procedures and trainings
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Provide regular analysis and update key performance indicator reports
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
What you will bring:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager / Supply Chain Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context and/or international context.
- Procurement and contracting experience, understanding of rules and regulations governing import into Ukraine from the EU will be an asset
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- International supply chain experience in Europe
- Profile in leadership and proven skills in building capacity of a team
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in Ukraine and/or Eastern Europe
- Experience in a large scale operation with more than 3 area offices and high value international procurement from different European countries is an advantage
- Experience with start-up is a plus
Find the full job description here: JD_Logs Manager Procurement_UA_2022.docx
What we offer:
- Type of contract: 12 months’ contract
- Travel: 30% across operations
- Salary and Benefits: Based on the NRC scale
PLEASE NOTE: Schengen visa/European Passport (due to work permit requirements) plus experience in humanitarian work will be required, kindly brief me on your message with both nationality/visa and your experience.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early. This is an urgent recruitment.
- Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.
- Please include all relevant employment history and education when completing your application. Uploaded CV’s will not be considered.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.