Médecins Sans Frontières en Suisse
Planetary Health project
Energy, Fleet & HVAC Management Specialist
Position based in one of MSF OCG’s regional hubs (Kampala or Amman)
Mission & Context
Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent humanitarian organization providing medical aid to victims of man-made or natural disasters, epidemics and endemics.
The LogTech Planetary Health Coordinator Facilitates the implementation of environmental footprint reduction actions in the domains of energy, fleet management and HVAC, by:
- Providing technical support to the operations (cells and fields) (technical advisor role)
- Coordinating and monitoring field implementations (coordinator role)
Role of technical advisor
Under the supervision of the Head of Technical Support and in close collaboration with the technical support service:
- Technical support to the operations in the domains of Energy, Fleet Management and HVAC, with the aim to reduce the organisation’s environmental footprint
- R&D: Development / selection / adoption of technologies or practices aiming at footprint reduction
- In collaboration with the technical referents, functional supervision of the flyings and STR (regional technical support) in his domain
- Participates to international platforms in his domain
- Participates to internal OCG platforms
- Facilitates the transfer of skills and knowledge between sections, from HQ to the field and vice versa.
Role of coordinator
- Under the supervision of Head of Operational Logistics and in close collaboration with the operational logistics service, the LogTech Planetary Health Coordinator coordinates monitors and supervises the implementation of actions in the field.
- Engineering degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of the MSF organization at HQ and in the field, or a similar organization, is an asset
- Fluent in French and English
- Stong interpersonal skills
- Priority management
- Stress management
- Team player
Skills/ Technical competencies
- Energy, renewable energies, energy economy
- Fleet management
- Project Management
- Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Good writing skills
- Data Analysis
Terms of Employment
- Full-time position 100%
- 2-year fixed term contract
- Working place: This position is located in one of MSF OCG’s regional hubs (Kampala or Amman) and provides worldwide support from there.
- The outcome depends on local legal limitations (residency, work permit, etc.)
- Ideal start date: 01.11.2022
- Compensation & benefits: According the salary package of the MSF OCG’s regional hub (Kampala or Amman).
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in French or English.
Deadline for application is September 18th, 2022
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Closing date: 9/18/2022