International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 50 countries and in 27 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are looking for a multifaceted individual to join the HR team as Manager HR for IRC Headquarters IT department. In this role, you will primarily support the Director HR for in terms of Workforce planning and deployments of resources for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project also known at IRC as “Integra” team in Kenya and other countries where IRC Integra team has a presence. As part of IRC Headquarters HR team, you will collaborate with fellow HR team members to manage and improve HR processes. By following a client-service approach, the HR manager will improve the overall employee experience and help implement operational efficiencies for the team. The Manager HR will report to the HR Director – Global HQ- IT and work closely with the HQ-based HR team and Kenya IHUB HR.
Do you have a strong work ethic and experience in human resources? Are you passionate about IRC’s mission, making a positive impact, and seeing an improvement in people’s work lives? Then join us!
Highlights of Your Key Responsibilities:
Provide frontline support including and not limited to:
- Support HR Director in ERP Contingency plans development, Staff backfills, Talent Acquisition from IRC Countries, Internal and external rosters, and hiring in the country programs where Integra is deployed.
- Maintain an effective monitoring system to track Contingency plans and budgets by coordinating with country programs HR leads and finance teams.
- Coordinate with Kenya I Hub HR Team on hosted IT and ERP staff HR-related matters and link up with HQ HR team.
- Create and maintain HRIS system to track ERP team HR management cycle and budgeting who are located in 11 countries including USA and Kenya.
- Ensure that Integra positions (new+ Replacement) are filled in a timely manner and coordinate with recruiters on progress tracking and sharing trackers for follow-ups. This also requires coordination with Global mobility team and regional and country HR leads as per location strategy.
- Support HR Director in coordinating the full employee experience, from onboarding to exit management, ensuring all processes are performed in a timely, efficient, and client-centered manner
- Act as a first-line “go-to” for Integra/IT employee inquiries about IRC policies, resources and programs, independently resolving requests and advancing to HR Partners as needed
- Support all administrative aspects of HR communications and reporting, helping to deliver key data insights for the function
- Work with the HR team to ensure that all HR-related information including Benefits, Promotions, Annual Performance Reviews, Training & Development, and others are effectively cascaded, ensuring increased transparency for our team
- Participate in the implementation of global HR initiatives, working with HR colleagues and clients to help identify and build streamlined and scalable process improvements across the function
- Ensure that HR data is collected, processed, analyzed, and presented through different means for better decision-making. [RK1] [KP2]
- Provide backup support to the global HQ HR team when needed.
- Any other task designated by the management
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: HR Director – Global HQ-IT
Position works in collaboration with: HR Partners in Kenya IHub, Regional and Country HR Leads, and HR colleagues in Recruitment, HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management and Operations; Finance; IT; and Legal.
Development Value for You
- Deepened understanding of global humanitarian aid, relief, and development sector.
- Significant global exposure to implementing large, complex transformational change efforts
- Deepen HR knowledge and expertise of international HR and learn about labor laws and contexts across multiple countries and regions
Work Experience & Education:
- At least 4 years of experience in an HR support function or Client Service role with outstanding capabilities in MS Excel. Experience in Workday or similar HRIS and applicant tracking systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Employee Relations and/or Information Technology is a plus
- Experience in a large, matrixed organization and/or within a non-profit setting is a plus
- Strong data analytics skills and ability to use basic data outputs to tell a high-level story
- Experience in Workforce planning contributing to ERP Project workplans with input to budgets, Talent acquisition, deployment locations in diverse working environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record and fulfillment in operating with a client service approach, and building and fostering positive working relationships; highly resourceful
- In depth knowledge of HR concepts, and the ability to ramp quickly on new topics.
- Sensitive to and have strong understanding of DEI concepts and their impact on HR practices
- Self-motivated, ability to plan, prioritize and problem solve independently
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resilience in working in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability and commitment to the highest ethical standards including maintaining confidentiality
- Working knowledge and understanding of Kenyan law is a plus.
- Outstanding capabilities in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in Workday and applicant tracking systems a plus
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.