MSF - Holland
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Holland, Kenya office is looking for a candidate to fill the following position:
SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR – LS013
1 POSITION – BASED IN NAIROBI
Reporting to the Mission Supply Chain Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for ensuring International and National supply for the mission/project and the associated administrative procedures, and monitor the warehouse stock according to MSF protocols and procedures in order to contribute to the smooth functioning of the mission, ensuring efficiency, accountability and transparency.
- Receiving orders from projects, checks if goods are available in stock, places the order with the most sufficient supplier (using the different Green lists) and follow up on the order.
- Maintain regular contact with suppliers (local) and service providers, transportation agencies, and other MSF sections, updating the list of existing ones and seeking new ones to supply the best product at the best price. Perform and coordinate administrative procedures related to purchases and purchase orders, verifying the compliance of MSF standards and protocols.
- Control the purchasing procedures; cost and quality control, application and verification of invoices
- Update prices, asking for quotations and bids to tenders under the supervision of the line manager
- Determine the quantities of product to buy (volume), taking into account the demand and needs of the mission, availability forecasts, delivery timelines, budget and other relevant factors, in conjunction with the line manager. Manages the reception of goods in the Unifield and keeps the system up to date
- Update the stock overview and monitor the stock level
- Periodically check stock levels (physical count), keep track of deliveries, movement of goods, keep informed on price fluctuations, shortages of certain goods.
- Provide Logistical support for the projects and brief new employees in the Supply department about the processes and procedures.
Education and Knowledge Required
- Technical Diploma in Supply Chain, Procurement or its equivalent
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Essential 2-3 years’ experience in Supply Department/ Supply Chain activities
- Knowledge in Unifield is an added advantage
- Essential working knowledge of English and Swahili
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Stress Management
How to apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please send your CV indicating 3 referees and a motivation letter to [email protected] Indicate on the subject line the ‘SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR – LS013’
The deadline for this application is 12th October, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
MSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge for any application, recruitment or training/application fees