Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
Under the guidance and supervision of the Associate Director, Partnerships Knowledge & Impact – the incumbent
will ensure that AECF has the internal systems and tools in place to deepen AECF’s collective learning, to generate and
disseminate knowledge and strengthen the institution’s role as a thought leader in nexus themes such as women
empowerment, inclusion, investing in fragile contexts and resilience.
The role holder will lead efforts to build internal capacity by: developing internal knowledge management systems and
tools, embedding sensemaking in our portfolio team, and creating an enquiring, analytical mindset in the institution.
The role will also involve working with Partnerships team on fund raising for applied and evidence-based research.
And expand AECF’s external visibility and impact through: building strategic partnership with knowledge creation and
dissemination stakeholders, develop investor facing knowledge products that contribute to further supporting
AECF’s catalytic role.
- Strengthen AECF’s team capabilities in sensemaking, story telling and forming critical arguments based on large quantitative datasets.
- Design and host internal and external facing knowledge creation and dissemination events, co-creation design workshops, collaborative insight generation spaces.
- Build a framework for qualitative impact analysis, insight extraction and knowledge product design.
- Review and update the existing knowledge management strategy in line with the updated institution strategy and lead in its implementation, execution, and monitoring.
- Review and refine the new AECF website to ensure that knowledge products are available, accessible and visually appealing.
- Support the generation and dissemination of evidence to demonstrate the outcomes and impacts of AECF programmes for both historical and current programmes.
- Ensure existing knowledge products are available for internal and external dissemination.
- Work with the communications team to package compelling impact stories
- Develop a knowledge products strategy and pilot different approaches
- Support in the production of AECF corporate publications such as annual reports.
- Work with contracted/outsourced consultants to deliver quality outputs in line with agreed budgets, scope of work and workplans.
- Identify key sector partners (including investors, universities, civil society, non-government organizations, governments and the private sector) and develop an engagement roadmap together with the Partnerships team.
Suitable candidates should possess:
- A Master’s degree in International Development, Economics, Statistics, or related field.
- A professional course in knowledge management will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years of full-time work experience in content development, sensemaking and system thinking and with strong understanding of private sector challenges in Africa.
- Outstanding competency in professional writing,editing and knowledge sharing.
- Confidence in working and engaging externally with the results and evaluation community, donors, the private sector, and Development Finance Institutions.
- Ability to facilitate the process of turning impact data into meaningful stories.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and communications skills.
- Fluency in English. The ability to work in French and Portuguese is a strong asset.
How to apply
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
AECF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role register and apply on:
To be considered, your application must be received by: 30th November 2022
For more information, please visit our careers page on www.aecfafrica.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted