The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration until 31 December, 2023. There are good prospects for a contract extension. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
Since March 2020 Welthungerhilfe (WHH) implements the ToGETHER programme in cooperation with 40 local and national partner organizations in Bangladesh, Colombia, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Pakistan, and Somalia as well as the German partners Caritas international, Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe and Malteser International. The goal of the programme is to promote localization and the leadership role of local actors in humanitarian assistance. To achieve this, the programme strengthens and shares all partner organizations’ emergency response capacity, their advocacy efforts and emphasizes joint learning and exchange. As MEAL Coordinator for this programme you are responsible for all globally implemented MEAL-related activities and work in close collaboration with the Country MEAL Officers.
- Continue the operationalization of the program’s MEAL system in cooperation with the Welthungerhilfe Head Office MEAL Team and the MEAL Technical Team of ToGETHER
- Accompany the implementation of the ToGETHER MEAL framework in the countries (including CRM) in cooperation with the Country MEAL Officers
- Guide the MEAL Technical Team consisting of Country MEAL Officers in the eight countries and coordinate the cooperation (data analysis processes, communication processes, documentation etc.)
- Compile country MEAL data for learning exchanges and donor reporting
- Manage content of the digital exchange platform “ToGETHER Webmo” and ensure follow-ups of its Monitoring Pillar
- Support the annual Peer Review Mechanism and learning workshops
- Facilitate knowledge management in project countries, including the documentation of exchange and review of experiences, lessons-learned and best practices
- Support the publication of results and learnings, progress reports and case studies
- Initiate, coordinate and accompany the external end-line-evaluation
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field or an equal qualification corresponding to the position
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in humanitarian assistance and/or development work
- Sound experience with MEAL processes and tools, data collection and analysis
- Experience in the design and coordination of evaluations and in data presentation
- Experience in the development of learning-products and capacity strengthening for MEAL
- Strong technical skills to develop and implement complex MEAL-systems and MEAL-methods
- Experience in working with local and national NGO partners
- Excellent communication skills in a culturally diverse setting
- Excellent spoken and written English; French, German and/or Spanish language skills are an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 2, 2022. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.