Peace Winds Japan
Position: Monitoring , Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Location of activity: Turkana County (will be based in Kakuma)
Duration: 9 Months (From April 2023 to December 2023) with possibility of extension
Direct supervisor: Area Manager
PEACE WINDS JAPAN
Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) is a Japanese Non-Governmental Organization established in 1996. PWJ has been providing humanitarian and development assistance for people affected by forced displacement and natural disasters in more than 20 countries in the world.
PWJ launched its mission in Kenya in 2012 and has been implementing projects funded by UN agencies and the government of Japan in shelter, WASH and youth development to improve living environments of refuge and host populations while promoting peaceful coexistence and self-reliance in the communities in Dadaab, Kakuma and Kalobeyei.
Currently, PWJ implements project in the areas of WASH, infrastructure development including shelter construction, food security, livelihoods and supply chain support.
The MEAL officer will be based in Kakuma to ensure data management processes, reporting, use and MEAL capacity strengthening of PWJ’s Kakuma operation that currently implement projects in Kakuma refugee camp, Kalobeyei Integrated settlement and Host community in Turkana West , North and South Sub County, Turkana County. The MEAL officer shall work closely with technical and program teams in data collection, analysis, compiling the reports, monitoring the progress and achievements, identifying the gaps, project evaluations, learning from the information and building team’s capacity on monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning(MEAL) under the supervision of Area Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strengthening the existing M&E system for the projects in the Kakuma operation
- Support in preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic reports according to the donor requirements and
- Collect and systemize information on progress of each activity of a project being implemented, and input the information into database platform.
- Ensuring accuracy of entered data and comparing it with the existing data to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Provide support in establishing and updating an M&E tracking database
- Lead program and technical teams in monitoring and evaluation, data collection, interviews, surveys, data clarity and data delivery to the Program Coordinator
- Analyze and compiling data to measure the progress and result of projects’ activities
- Prepare and submit success stories of projects’ activities
- Provide support in routine monitoring and evaluation, data collection, interviews, data clarity and consistency to the technical and program teams
- Provide day to day verification of data quality and ensure all data is input into database platform and analysed with integrity.
- Plan, prepare and conduct project baseline and end line assessments together with the Program Coordinator and compile the report
- Support program team in needs analysis, target setting and budget development during proposal development exercise
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
- Ensures strict adherence to the humanitarian principles at all times including respect for confidentiality and a community centered approach, and act in the best interests of the persons of concern.
- Ensure that organization assets are maintained and taken good care.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- University degree preferably in statistics, social sciences, health science, demography and other related disciplines; Training in M&E, bio-statistical analysis, data management, or relevant fields is an added advantage
- Excellent analytical, team work and interpersonal and documentation skills
- At least two (2) years of prior experience with performance monitoring and evaluations for international development or humanitarian programs
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis and data management software and methodology along with key platforms (KOBO, ODK,COMM Care, ONA, Power BI, etc.)
- Computer literacy and data processing (Word, Excel, email and Internet).
- Standards of Professional Conduct especially on integrity, service, and accountability
- Commitment to and understanding of PWJ Vision, Mission and Values.
GENERAL EMPLOYEES OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his/her specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
- Adhering to all PWJ’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Deliver project objectives within time, resource and budget constraints
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks
- The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness.
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to his/her supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained from employment within not publicly available
- Representing and upholding the values of PWJ at all times
- Behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places
- English: professional fluency
- Kiswahili: native/advanced
How to apply
We are looking to recruit Kenyan national candidates only. Interested and qualified candidates are cordially invited to send a cover letter (1 page) indicating salary expectation and resume (3 pages) as one pdf document no later than 24th March, 2023 to: [email protected]. When applying indicate the title of this position on the Subject line. Due to the urgency to fill this position, shortlisting and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24 Mar 2023