Philippine National Red Cross
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) is the country’s foremost humanitarian organization, with a network of 102 chapters in 17 regions across Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The overall objective of the PRC is to equip vulnerable communities with crisis prevention practices and orchestrate all forms of humanitarian activities tailored to alleviate the suffering and uplift the dignity of vulnerable people during and after conflict, natural and human-induced disasters, health emergencies, and other crises.
PRC is part of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and one of the National Societies of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The PRC works to uphold and apply its seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality to its six major services: Blood Services, Disaster Management Services, Safety Services, Health Services, Social Services, Red Cross Youth and Volunteer Services.
PRC is composed of dedicated staffers, volunteers, partners, and donors with the intrinsic aspiration to do extraordinary things. Guided by its mantra of Volunteers + Logistics + Information Technology = A Philippine Red Cross that is Always First, Always Ready, Always There, PRC takes pride in serving the Filipino people and will always be committed to providing quality life-saving services that protect life and dignity of indigent Filipinos in vulnerable situations.
PRC is led by its Chairman, Secretary General, and Board of Governors alongside its chapters, volunteers, and staff. It has its Headquarters in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) Program Development and Services; (ii) Chapter Services; and (iii) Corporate and Business Services.
The Fund Generation Director is responsible for providing the resources that the organization needs. This is available through the current means available, and new projects that may be established in the future. In fulfilling his functions, the FGD will develop marketing programs and strategies to maximize the resource generation capability of the existing and new projects.
He/She will be accountable for reaching fundraising targets, ensuring the development and timely submission of high-quality project proposals as well as working in close collaboration with thematic area technical teams and other departments.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement feasibility studies for new projects that will provide continuing resource generation capability. Provide monthly performance reports of projects approved for implementation.
- Develop and implement marketing programs for FG projects as well as other services made available to the public to generate revenue. This will include marketing programs for blood, safety training courses and other similar programs. Provide monthly performance reports of these marketing programs.
- Develops and recommend strategies, plans, programs, enterprises, ventures, and/or activities designed to attract revenues for the Philippine Red Cross as well as retention, recognition and acknowledgement strategies for donors for the approval of the Secretary General
- Keeps tracks of all fund campaign activities of the organization with the end in view of assessing both the successes or failures of fund campaign strategies so appropriate remedial measures may be promptly provided
- Monitors, receives and analyzes fundraising reports from all chapters, NHQ fund generation units and submits findings and recommendations to the Secretary General for information and for possible actions for improvements.
- Assists chapters and NHQ fund generation units in the development and/or designs of the fund-raising proposals/strategies to increase resources generated.
- Maintains updated directory of all major donors and exerts active efforts of maintaining friendly lines of communications and partnership to enlist their continuing support for the Philippine Red Cross
- Initiates annual accounting of all financial donations received.
- Work with PMEAL and Info/Communication teams to develop marketing materials and presentations for external use.
- Annually develops the departmental goals and ensures that it is aligned with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Evaluates the individual performance of the managers of the fund generation department as well as the department’s performance and provides feedback to ensure that the unit goals are being achieved.
- Devise effective and efficient task structure of the Fund Generation Department and continuously monitor their workload to ensure that outputs are delivered on time and the quality of work is not compromised.
- Acts as resource person or speaker on Fund Generation matters whenever required.
- Participate in the development of the organization’s strategic direction.
- Proposes and maintains the annual budget of the unit.
- Prepares and submits the monthly and/or annual report of the department to the Secretary General and Board of Governors
- Ensuring accountability and quality of program and operations management, budget commitments, and financial management in accordance with PRC policies, standards, and practices.
- Ensuring accountability, fairness and transparency in human resources management, through – out the employment cycle including (recruitment, development, performance management, contract administration, and welfare), by maintaining trustworthy environment, providing effective support and promoting a culture of continuous learning.
- Ensuring that timely submission of the required documents, including (but not limited to): operational highlights, quarterly updates on operations and annual updates on operations as well as delivers inputs for standard reports.
- Support the Management in all other matters related to the PRC activities – including (but not limited to) ensuring strategic coherence and alignment as well as programmatic and operational coordination, support and promote chapters and NHQ fund generation units in the development of the fund-raising strategies to increase resources generated and other relevant required management support.
- Developing department’s business continuity planning process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and relevant studies
- Master’s degree or continuing professional development training and courses
- At least seven (7) years of experience in fund or resource generation function and management in related field
- At least seven (7) years supervisory / managerial experience
- Experience of working with Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Experience of working for a humanitarian / non-profit organization
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including coaching and training
- Capability to develop strong relationships and work effectively with community leaders
- Ability to make decisions in-line with organizational goals and values
- Collaborates with team members to achieve shared outcomes
- Deliver a solutions-based approach
- Flexibility and a willingness to contribute outside standard office hours
- Fluently spoken and written English
Core Values: Focused, Fast, Friendly, Flexible, Forward-looking
Core Competencies: Communication; Collaboration & Teamwork; Decision-making; Client Relations; Creativity & Innovation; Building Trust
Managerial Competencies: Managing Staff Performance; Managing Staff Development; Project Management
Functional Competencies: Building Partnership; Strategic Direction; Leadership; Mentorship
How to apply
Please send us your most updated CV and Motivation Letter to: [email protected], with the subject of the position title you are applying for.
Deadline: 28 Mar 2023