Philippine National Red Cross
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) is the country’s foremost humanitarian organization, with a network of 102 chapters in 17 regions across Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The overall objective of the PRC is to equip vulnerable communities with crisis prevention practices and orchestrate all forms of humanitarian activities tailored to alleviate the suffering and uplift the dignity of vulnerable people during and after conflict, natural and human-induced disasters, health emergencies, and other crises.
PRC is part of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and one of the National Societies of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The PRC works to uphold and apply its seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality to its six major services: Blood Services, Disaster Management Services, Safety Services, Health Services, Social Services, Red Cross Youth and Volunteer Services.
PRC is composed of dedicated staffers, volunteers, partners, and donors with the intrinsic aspiration to do extraordinary things. Guided by its mantra of Volunteers + Logistics + Information Technology = A Philippine Red Cross that is Always First, Always Ready, Always There, PRC takes pride in serving the Filipino people and will always be committed to providing quality life-saving services that protect life and dignity of indigent Filipinos in vulnerable situations.
PRC is led by its Chairman, Secretary General, and Board of Governors alongside its chapters, volunteers, and staff. It has its Headquarters in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) Program Development and Services; (ii) Chapter Services; and (iii) Corporate and Business Services.
The IT Manager is responsible for coordinating, planning, developing, and maintaining all technology-related requirements and systems of PRC. He determines the IT needs of all the different departments of the Organization, evaluates these needs, prepares programs to fill these needs and manages their implementation.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Maintain existing operating systems to ensure that these are functioning at 95% efficiency.
- Review the organization’s requirements for an information system, evaluate alternatives, propose new and/or improvements, secure approval, implement and maintain approved systems to ensure that these new systems similarly function at 95% efficiency.
- Respond promptly to issues regarding performance of information technology systems and minimize downtime to 5% or less for each system in place.
- Prepare a monthly report on compliance with the Data Privacy Law and avoid any violations or the risk of such violations.
- Examines the operations of the business office’s business processes for the possibility of digitalization.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures based on evaluating organizational outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements through research, advisories, and other means.
- Manage technologies to support information privacy, confidentiality, security, integrity and availability requirements.
- Provide end users with advisory, technical recommendations, and core technical assistance; finalized reports on any incident or change control management.
- Be proactive on incident management by proposing long term resolution strategies to reduce significantly recurring incidents.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of implemented technologies.
- Identify and update documentation to maintain efficient operational level, anticipate documentation needs and regularly update operational documentation.
- Creates and develops Terms of Reference (TOR) for IT infrastructure projects and participates in or leads a Technical Working Group for all IT-related projects.
- Coordinate, Collaborate, Communicate to project team, stakeholders and vendors the necessary requirements of an IT project.
- Coach, Counsel and directs IT staff on their performances and deliverables.
- Ensuring accountability and quality of program and operations management, budget commitments, and financial management in accordance with PRC policies, standards, and practices.
- Ensuring accountability, fairness and transparency in human resources management, through – out the employment cycle including (recruitment, development, performance management, contract administration, and welfare), by maintaining trustworthy environment, providing effective support and promoting a culture of continuous learning.
- Ensuring that timely submission of the required documents, including (but not limited to): operational highlights, quarterly updates on operations and annual updates on operations as well as delivers inputs for standard reports.
- Support the Management in all other matters related to the PRC activities – including (but not limited to) ensuring strategic coherence and alignment as well as programmatic and operational coordination, support and promote chapters and NHQ fund generation units in the development of the fund-raising strategies to increase resources generated and other relevant required management support.
- Developing department’s business continuity planning process.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information System (MIS), other IT related field or equivalent.
- A master’s degree in relevant areas is preferred.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in IT management or other related fields
- At least (5) years supervisory / managerial experience
- Experienced or with proven training certification on IT project management, IT Infrastructure Library of service operations, IT Governance using COBIT methods, Six Sigma process, TQM and data protection measures
- Experience of working with Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Experience of working for a humanitarian / non-profit organization
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledgeable & familiar in computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including coaching and training
- Ability to make decisions in-line with organizational goals and values
- Collaborates with team members to achieve shared outcomes
- Deliver a solutions-based approach
- Flexibility and a willingness to contribute outside standard office hours
- Fluently spoken and written English
Core Values: Focused, Fast, Friendly, Flexible, Forward-looking
Core Competencies: Communication; Collaboration & Teamwork; Decision-making; Client Relations; Creativity & Innovation; Building Trust
Managerial Competencies: Managing Staff Performance; Managing Staff Development; Project Management
Functional Competencies: Building Partnership; Strategic Direction; Leadership; Mentorship
How to apply
Please send us your most updated CV and Motivation Letter to: [email protected] , with the subject of the position title you are applying for.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2023