Philippine National Red Cross
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) is the country’s foremost humanitarian organization, with a network of 102 chapters in 17 regions across Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The overall objective of the PRC is to equip vulnerable communities with crisis prevention practices and orchestrate all forms of humanitarian activities tailored to alleviate the suffering and uplift the dignity of vulnerable people during and after conflict, natural and human-induced disasters, health emergencies, and other crises.
PRC is part of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and one of the National Societies of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The PRC works to uphold and apply its seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality to its six major services: Blood Services, Disaster Management Services, Safety Services, Health Services, Social Services, Red Cross Youth and Volunteer Services.
PRC is composed of dedicated staffers, volunteers, partners, and donors with the intrinsic aspiration to do extraordinary things. Guided by its mantra of Volunteers + Logistics + Information Technology = A Philippine Red Cross that is Always First, Always Ready, Always There, PRC takes pride in serving the Filipino people and will always be committed to providing quality life-saving services that protect life and dignity of indigent Filipinos in vulnerable situations.
PRC is led by its Chairman, Secretary General, and Board of Governors alongside its chapters, volunteers, and staff. It has its Headquarters in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) Program Development and Services; (ii) Chapter Services; and (iii) Corporate and Business Services.
The Red Cross Youth Manager recommends and implements programs such as those related to but not limited to Red Cross Youth volunteer recruitment, training, retention, and recognition of Red Cross Youth volunteers to ensure a sustainable Red Cross Youth volunteer program within the organization. He or she oversees the overall activities and programs of the Red Cross Youth.
This position will be directly reporting to ASG – Program Development Services and second line managing by the Secretary General.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Design and plan youth development and youth leadership programs which may or may not be related to the different PRC services.
- Ensure that appropriate orientations and training are provided to Red Cross Youth volunteers to enhance their skills and enable them to learn and acquire new skills and be able to participate in the different PRC services as junior associates.
- Facilitate the conduct of regional and national camps and congress to ensure continuous involvement of Red Cross Youth Council members in the various PRC activities.
- Ensure nationwide implementation of Red Cross Youth programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that deserving Red Cross Youth volunteers are being recognized and awarded on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the Red Cross Youth Department maintains a pool of competent Red Cross Youth volunteers who are always prepared to promptly respond to emergency situations and/or special assignments which call for their immediate assistance and/or services.
- Ensure that Red Cross Youth volunteer profiles are always updated including but not limited to personal data, training attended etc., and ensure that these data are readily available for PRC use.
- Coordinate with other services, departments, and chapters for updates of programs and training that can be utilized or revised for the benefit of the Red Cross Youth Council members.
- Coordinate with different Government, Non-Government Agencies, and educational sectors and facilitates the recruitment of Red Cross Youth volunteers.
- Conduct orientation and/or acts as the focal person for the Red Cross Youth functions and the Red Cross Youth volunteering work of the PRC.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to services and chapters on Red Cross Youth volunteer management.
- Coordinate with different agencies for sponsorship of Red Cross Youth Council members being sent abroad to attend Red Cross Youth-related activities.
- Annually develops the unit goals and ensures that it is aligned with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Ensuring accountability and quality of program and operations management, budget commitments, and financial management in accordance with PRC policies, standards, and practices.
- Ensuring accountability, fairness and transparency in human resources management, through – out the employment cycle including (recruitment, development, performance management, contract administration, and welfare), by maintaining trustworthy environment, providing effective support and promoting a culture of continuous learning.
- Ensuring that timely submission of the required documents, including (but not limited to): operational highlights, quarterly updates on operations and annual updates on operations as well as delivers inputs for standard reports.
- Support the Management in all other matters related to the PRC activities – including (but not limited to) ensuring strategic coherence and alignment as well as programmatic and operational coordination, support and promote chapters and NHQ fund generation units in the development of the fund-raising strategies to increase resources generated and other relevant required management support.
- Developing department’s business continuity planning process.
- Bachelor’s/ Degree Program Management or related field
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in program management and youth-related activities.
- At least (5) years supervisory / managerial experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a volunteer in Red Cross Youth.
- Experience of working with Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Experience of working for a humanitarian / non-profit organization
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including coaching and training
- Capability to develop strong relationships and work effectively with community leaders
- Ability to make decisions in-line with organizational goals and values
- Collaborates with team members to achieve shared outcomes
- Deliver a solutions-based approach
- Flexibility and a willingness to contribute outside standard office hours
- Fluently spoken and written English
Core Values: Focused, Fast, Friendly, Flexible, Forward-looking
Core Competencies: Communication; Collaboration & Teamwork; Decision-making; Client Relations; Creativity & Innovation; Building Trust
Managerial Competencies: Managing Staff Performance; Managing Staff Development; Project Management
Functional Competencies: Building Partnership; Strategic Direction; Leadership; Mentorship
How to apply
Please send us your most updated CV and Motivation Letter to: [email protected] , with the subject of the position title you are applying for.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2023