Philippine National Red Cross
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) is the country’s foremost humanitarian organization, with a network of 102 chapters in 17 regions across Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. The overall objective of the PRC is to equip vulnerable communities with crisis prevention practices and orchestrate all forms of humanitarian activities tailored to alleviate the suffering and uplift the dignity of vulnerable people during and after conflict, natural and human-induced disasters, health emergencies, and other crises.
PRC is part of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and one of the National Societies of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
The PRC works to uphold and apply its seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality to its six major services: Blood Services, Disaster Management Services, Safety Services, Health Services, Social Services, Red Cross Youth and Volunteer Services.
PRC is composed of dedicated staffers, volunteers, partners, and donors with the intrinsic aspiration to do extraordinary things. Guided by its mantra of Volunteers + Logistics + Information Technology = A Philippine Red Cross that is Always First, Always Ready, Always There, PRC takes pride in serving the Filipino people and will always be committed to providing quality life-saving services that protect life and dignity of indigent Filipinos in vulnerable situations.
PRC is led by its Chairman, Secretary General, and Board of Governors alongside its chapters, volunteers, and staff. It has its Headquarters in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) Program Development and Services; (ii) Chapter Services; and (iii) Corporate and Business Services.
The Safety Services Manager is tasked to plan, develop and implement educational programs which help develop national safety and health consciousness through First Aid, Basic Life Support, Water Safety, and other safety programs for the chapters and the general public.
This position will be directly reporting to the ASG – Program Development Services and second line managing by the Secretary General.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the successful delivery of Safety Services programs nationally including but not limited to: First Aid Courses, Basic Life Support-Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS-CPR) Courses, Accident Prevention Training, Emergency Medical Services Training, Water Safety Courses (Swimming, Lifeguarding), Technical Rescue Training (Rope Rescue Technician, Swift-water rescue)
- Ensure the successful delivery of services nationally including: First Aid Station, Ambulance Service/Patient Transfer, Beach Patrol/Lifeguarding Service
- Plan, promote, and implement adhoc Safety Services events such as the First Aid Olympics, Lifeguarding Competition, Mass Education on First Aid, CPR, and Accident Prevention.
- Take the helm of the Safety Services Team, PRC Offices, and Chapters in the nationwide marketing of Safety Services programs and services to corporate, community, and internal audiences.
- Guide the Safety Services team in promoting Safety Services’ goods and initiatives through both conventional and online media.
- Design policies and procedures that will standardize the processes with the department.
- Develop programs/operational strategy in line with PRC strategic goals, vision & mission.
- Assessment of all present Safety Services programs, services, and events; recommendations for and implementation of program improvements.
- Cultivate relationships, networks, and partnerships with external training facilities, associations, NGOs, and/or Foundations.
- Direct and manage market research with a focus on identifying and developing areas of opportunity.
- Deliver accurate & timely reporting regarding Safety Services programs, services & events.
- Ensuring accountability and quality of program and operations management, budget commitments, and financial management in accordance with PRC policies, standards, and practices.
- Ensuring accountability, fairness and transparency in human resources management, through – out the employment cycle including (recruitment, development, performance management, contract administration, and welfare), by maintaining trustworthy environment, providing effective support and promoting a culture of continuous learning.
- Ensuring that timely submission of the required documents, including (but not limited to): operational highlights, quarterly updates on operations and annual updates on operations as well as delivers inputs for standard reports.
- Support the Management in all other matters related to the PRC activities – including (but not limited to) ensuring strategic coherence and alignment as well as programmatic and operational coordination, support and promote chapters and NHQ fund generation units in the development of the fund-raising strategies to increase resources generated and other relevant required management support.
- Developing department’s business continuity planning process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health science, Community Health, Program Management or related field
- Master’s degree in related studies – preferred
- Certification in First Aid, BLS-CPR, Water Safety, and Emergency Medical Services Training required
- At least (5) years of work experience in program management and training in a safety-focused organization
- At least (5) years supervisory / managerial experience
- Experience of working with Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Experience of working for a humanitarian / non-profit organization
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including coaching and training
- Capability to develop strong relationships and work effectively with community leaders
- Ability to make decisions in-line with organizational goals and values
- Collaborates with team members to achieve shared outcomes
- Deliver a solutions-based approach
- Flexibility and a willingness to contribute outside standard office hours
- Fluent spoken and written English
Core Values: Focused, Fast, Friendly, Flexible, Forward-looking
Core Competencies: Communication; Collaboration & Teamwork; Decision-making; Client Relations; Creativity & Innovation; Building Trust
Managerial Competencies: Managing Staff Performance; Managing Staff Development; Project Management
Functional Competencies: Building Partnership; Strategic Direction; Leadership; Mentorship
How to apply
Please send us your most updated CV and Motivation Letter to: [email protected] , with the subject of the position title you are applying for.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2023