Save the Children
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer –Somalia National Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to: REALM Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post : none
The post holder will support the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) strategy, policy and practice by helping design programme monitoring systems, build the capacity of staff in their analysis and dissemination of data, handling conplaint/feedback, iproving project information sharing and community participation to SCI programs, coordinate information management and reporting systems. The post holder will also be supporting to the Area MEAL Manager in implementing the MEAL strategy in Southern states of Somalia specialy assigned field office including but not limited (Baidao, Adado, Kismayo, Dhobley, Mogadishu, Beletweyne,Abudwak and Mataban) and other assigned field offices
He/she will support in the delivery of an effective MEAL function playing a key role in the expansion of Save the Children programmes in your assigned area to increase impact and enable positive change for children
Role Dimensions: Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
At least Higher Diploma Qualification or Bachelor degree Social Science/ Statistics/Economics/Public Health
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Minimum two years of practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in an international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body; or Master’s degree with humanitarian program experience
- Background of implementing effective M&E systems and/or accountability mechanisms in emergency responses.
- Demonstrable track record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyse and disseminate information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Working knowledge of data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS/STATA
- Data Visualization POWER BI
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 26th Sep -2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wNDgyNS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20