War Child Canada
War Child Canada is a registered Canadian charity based in Toronto that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity, and justice. War Child Canada has over 15 years of experience working in communities in conflict and post- conflict zones. All work is implemented in direct partnership with local communities, local NGOs and other stakeholders using a child-centered approach. War Child Canada currently works in Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda, and Yemen.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will provide extensive support in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, and research. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work with Country Offices and Head Office staff to support and strengthen the implementation of War Child Canada’s monitoring and evaluation framework, contributing to organizational project and program effectiveness, War Child Canada’s evidence base, the consolidation of project and program results, and supports donor compliance.
DEVELOP AND SUPPORT THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PROJECT QUALITY, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND LEARNING FRAMEWORKS, TOOLS, AND METHODOLOGIES
- Work with the International Programs team to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans for War Child Canada’s projects, including the development of performance indicators, results measurement. frameworks, logic models, theories of change and feedback mechanisms.
- Support the development of methodologies and tools for baseline and endline surveys, assessments and evaluations drawing on a range of qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Provide support in the implementation of monitoring tools/processes including the use of data collection methods for both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide support in external evaluations.
DATA ANALYSIS AND REPORTING
- Assist in the management of project data through the creation and maintenance of project and program databases.
- Compile, clean, and analyze project data, providing support and regular feedback on data verification, data entry and data quality.
- Support the collection of quality data collection from War Child Canada field staff and partners.
- Describe and present project data and results through effective visualizations, narrative reports, dashboards, and presentations for internal and external audiences, including the Canadian public.
- Prepare, summarize and synthesize monitoring and evaluation reports for publication online and for a variety of audiences.
- Coordinate with fundraising and communications staff on the public presentation of project and program results.
- Support the development of technical guides and protocols as needed to support data collection, compilation, processing, analyzing, and reporting.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Provide technical expertise to support the development of funding proposals.
- Assist in the preparation of research focused funding proposals.
- Provide technical support to monitoring and evaluation and program staff across all War Child Canada offices.
- Support training and capacity building initiatives for field and HQ staff.
- Support on-going coordination and provide updates to and from War Child Canada country offices as needed.
LEARNING AND KNOWLEDGE SHARING
- Help facilitate the sharing and learning from monitoring and evaluation process and results with the wider team.
- Support War Child Canada staff and partners in improving learning and knowledge sharing mechanisms.
- Promote a culture of learning in the organisation.
Knowledge and Skills
- Post-secondary degree in International Development, Social Sciences, International Relations, Economics or related subject. A post-graduate degree in statistics or research related field an asset.
- 2-3 years of experience in an analytical or evaluative role.
- Strong knowledge of Excel. Experience with SPSS or other statistical packages an asset.
- Experience with conducting and/or analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, including different sampling methodologies.
- Ability to present data and analysis to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation or research methodologies an asset.
- Database design experience an asset.
- Experience with Open Data Kit, Kobo Toolbox, Tableau and/or other mobile data collection solutions an asset.
- Understanding or experience with Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS, QGIS) an asset.
Occasional field travel may be required
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a curriculum vitae and an accompanying cover letter electronically to:
Email: [email protected]
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘M&E Officer
– [insert your name]’
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. War Child Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
War Child Canada is committed to providing a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Final candidates will be vetted in accordance with War Child Canada’s Child Protection Policy, including appropriate reference and security checks.
For more information about War Child Canada, please visit www.warchild.ca