Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
The Climate Centre is looking for a national adviser who will provide in-country technical support & coordination on Forecast-based Financing for enhanced climate risk management capacity among national and/or sub-national actors (government, national red cross society, civil society, and others) in Timor-Leste.
They will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the implementation of Climate Centre technical support to the GCF project on setting up forecast-based financing/anticipatory action mechanism in Timor-Leste for enhancing climate risk management capacity of national & local institutions
- Coordinate and carry out the Forecast-based Financing (FbF) scoping study that will cover feasible hazards to target with FbF, forecasting capability, and the institutional landscape in Timor-Leste.
- Identify national and/or sub-national actors (government and civil society) and enter into a dialogue with them about the potential for FbF, its effectiveness, and added value to existing disaster risk management efforts. This will include supporting national dialogues & workshops on anticipatory action.
- Review and identify financial mechanisms for forecast-based early action to ensure that key stakeholders have access to immediate, reliable, and sustainable funding in the event of imminent threat to climate-related hazards. This includes leading a scoping assessment to identify whether efforts would be best place adapting an existing fund or creating a new one; and inform the design of a sustainable source of funding for FbF in Timor-Leste.
- Initiate Early Action Protocol (EAP)/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) development, including convening a technical working group that will define triggering forecasts and early actions, supporting the development of a draft document that details these triggers and actions, and presenting the draft EAP/SOPs to key stakeholders for validation and refinement.
- Support Timor-Leste Red Cross (Cruz Vermelha de Timor-Leste – CVTL) to spearhead forecast-based actions/anticipatory mechanisms within their disaster management work, including guidance to access to FbA by DREF (IFRC dedicated funding mechanism for national societies to implement forecast-based action).
Please check attachment for full vacancy text.https://www.climatecentre.org/wp-content/uploads/National-Adviser-GCF-Timor-Leste_Madhab.pdf
How to apply
We would like to receive your application: CV and cover letter (in English) addressed to Olette Manhoudt, HR officer at the Climate Centre sent to [email protected] with “National Adviser Timor-Leste” in the subject please.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please send an email to [email protected]