Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
The Climate Centre has been appointed as a regional technical partner for the GCF (Green Climate Fund)-funded programme: Enhancing Climate Information and Knowledge Services for resilience in 5 island countries of the Pacific Ocean implemented by UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme). The 5 countries participating in the programme are:
- Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI)
- Cook Islands
The regional adviser will be the Climate Centre representative for the project and will be based in the region, while working closely with the Climate Centre project lead and science advisory team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish, engage, and facilitate the relationship with key actors and institutions within country. The project is dependent on strong trust relationships with key actors. This will require regular travel to each country.
- Engage and facilitate partnerships with other GCF/UNEP programme technical partners of relevance to FbF/AA around the development of forecast systems, early warning systems, community based early warning planning, gender and traditional ecological knowledge, and capacity building.
- Facilitate and lead the ongoing collaborative development of FbF/Anticipatory Action feasibility studies in each country in partnership with the NS and other relevant actors and institutions. Key technical inputs on trigger development and forecast availability and skill will be provided by the regional Climate Centre science adviser.
- Lead and facilitate the development of FbF/AA capacity building activities focused on programme partners and country actors including country NS.
- Facilitate and lead the development of FbF/AA implementation roadmaps for each country in partnership with the relevant NS and other key actors including national Met. Services, national early warning systems, and disaster management.
- Based on the outcomes of the feasibility studies and the FbF roadmaps, facilitate and support NS in developing full or simplified Early Action Protocols (EAP) including helping setup a technical working group (TWG), identifying appropriate hazards and triggers, and pursuing EAP approval through relevant financing mechanism (e.g. IFRC FbA by DREF)
Please check the full vacancy text here: https://www.climatecentre.org/wp-content/uploads/GCF-Pacific-FbF-Regional-Adviser.pdf
How to apply
We would like to receive your application: CV and cover letter (in English) addressed to Olette Manhoudt, HR officer at the Climate Centre sent to [email protected] with “Regional Adviser GCF FbF Pacific” in the subject please.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please send an email to [email protected]