Physicians Across Continents - Turkey
Position: Nutrition Manager
Line Manager: Program Manager.
Workplace: Turkey/NW Syria
PAC is an active NGO established in 2012, registered in Turkey, active in NWS, with other small operations offices in both Yemen and Sudan.
In NWS; PAC is a leading organization in both the health and Nutrition sectors through several central programs that work to improve the resilience of crisis-affected communities in NWS.
PAC’s programs always aimed to build and support the active health and nutrition systems in the target areas through maintaining a high level of integration across several sectors and leads central services to facilitate the provision of the service that other actors are running in NWS.
PAC is fully applying for the Protection against sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) principles in all its work stages, as well, PAC is highly committed to creating a safe service provision environment based on humanitarian principles, and international humanitarian law, clean of any racism.
The Nutrition Manager will provide oversight and guidance to implementation of activity interventions of nutrition, leading the nutrition social behavior change , implementation of activities based on regulations and high quality programming standards.
- Provide hands-on field support, guidance, and technical oversight for the implementation of nutrition interventions throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out are in line with quality principles and standards, donor guidelines.
- Develop Purpose related program documentation and reports.
- Advise the program teams in the design, development, and implementation of related components.
- Organize regular coordination meetings with the program team to ensure the team adopts and tracks program quality standards, the program meets the donor requirements.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established criteria.
- Work closely with local communities to ensure integrated planning and implementation that is complementary and collaborative.
- Create and maintain a work environment based on mutual respect, where accountability is encouraged, alternative viewpoints are welcomed, the team strives for excellence, and is conducive to professional growth.
- Promote and instill a focus on capacity building, deepen understanding and ownership of individual roles, and strengthen performance management systems through the implementation of a comprehensive staff training plan.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations, and provide constructive feedback through regular individual interviews and performance reviews.
- Ensure that team structure and staffing reflect the project’s vision for gender equality and ensuring that staff are prepared to succeed and familiar with PAC systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Provide ongoing supervision, leadership, support, guidance and mentoring directly to program staff.
- Team management, evaluation and career plan with each person supervised.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Support the development of a strong learning to build evidence on nutrition approaches.
- Help develop/track key indicators in nutrition relevance for advancing PAC’ programs and strategy
- Contribute to the design and implementation of approaches and processes, ensure use of existing evidence to promote performance improvement, collaboration, learning and adaptation, and identify solutions to promote data-based decision-making among program and technical staff.
- Contribute to knowledge-sharing, lessons learned and best practices documentation to build an understanding of programmatic results and impact in relation to desired outcomes.
- Contribute to regular donor reporting.
- Finance, Operation and Compliance Management
- Collaborate with program, finance, and administrative staff.
- Ensure that program resources are used efficiently, effectively, and transparently towards meeting desired results.
- Management and monthly monitoring of the budget, including monthly budget forecasts, and control of coherence of spending.
- Monitor adherence to grant agreements, PAC’ policies and procedures and relevant rules and regulations.
- Prepare procurement plan and assist with the preparation of tenders.
- Work with HQ technical advisors for technical consultants, as required.
All the tasks mentioned above will be primarily done from PAC HQ Office in Gaziantep -Turkey. but travels within the Region (northwest Syria) can represent a significant amount of time.
Influence & Representation
- Participate actively in coordination meetings with relevant clusters and working groups.
- Demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- S/he will be responsible for coordinating activities with the local community, partners, stakeholders, and The international NGOs.
- Knowledge and Experience
- University degree in a relevant academic area—e.g., nutrition, public health, or a related social science.
- five years of relevant technical experience.
- Depth knowledge of food and nutrition security and integration of nutrition.
- Experience leading the development and implementation of evidence-based, multi-sectoral nutrition programming.
- Demonstrated ability to network and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and utilization of information from a broad range of sources.
- Fluent written and Speaking English skills required.
- Experience with program administration management and reporting is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a sensitive environment.
How to apply
Deadline: 25 Mar 2023