Physicians Across Continents - Turkey
Job Title: Operations Manager
Line Manager: CEO
Workplace: Turkey/NW Syria.
PAC is an active NGO established in 2012, registered in Turkey, active in NWS, with other small operations offices in both Yemen and Sudan.
In NWS; PAC is a leading organization in both the health and Nutrition sectors through several central programs that work to improve the resilience of crisis-affected communities in NWS.
PAC’s programs always aimed to build and support the active health and nutrition systems in the target areas through maintaining a high level of integration across several sectors and leads central services to facilitate the provision of the service that other actors are running in NWS.
PAC is fully applying for the Protection against sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) principles in all its work stages, as well, PAC is highly committed to creating a safe service provision environment based on humanitarian principles, and international humanitarian law, clean of any racism.
The Operations Manager provides overall supervision and management of daily operations.
Responsibilities of this key position include direct responsibility for
base management (including operational processes, policies, procedures, hiring / HR); overseeing base operation (including staff, housing, food, maintenance); overseeing Logistics (including staff, procurement, warehousing, fleet management, IT); and coordination / liaising with partner, government, and non-government organizations (including other iNGO’s,Security / Health clusters).
S/he will be proactive in communicating and liaising with staff.
(including operations, logistics, program staff, transportation, and human resources), to ensure that operations and programs most effectively serve the beneficiaries .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures highly functioning, well-managed Operations Department to support programmatic activities.
- Supports continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information in the field.
- Develops and implements operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the organization’s mission, such as report management and information flow.
- Acts as the main focal point for base operations, transportation, HR, Logistics, Procurement, and Information Technology (IT).
- Develops and oversees procurement systems to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate delivery of program resources.
- Enforces and upholds donor and organization regulations for procurement, as well as best practices for Operations.
- Enforces procedures regarding contracted service, while providing frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
- Maintains awareness of local and national laws and ensures organizational adherence in partnership with the Field Director.
- Establishes and maintains a harmonious and supportive working environment by introducing capacity-building trainings, and encouraging active participation at all levels to foster development of international field staff, as well as national staff.
- Assesses, manages, and reports critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Field Director and perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned, with a generous and serving spirit.
The requirements listed below are representative.
- Knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Possesses strong organizational, problem solving, and creative thinking skills within a fastpaced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, anticipation, and follow up are essential competencies of the role, while.
- Maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts, financial matters, and salaries.
- Proficient in computer operating systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Committed to the organization’s values and ethics.
All the tasks mentioned above will be primarily done from PAC HQ Office in Gaziantep -Turkey. but travels within the Region (northwest Syria) can represent a significant amount of time.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Advanced degree or related experience in project management, business administration, public administration, or related field.
- Experience with establishing and monitoring internal controls, inventory, and fixed assets.
- Field experience and knowledge of the region is a strong asset.
- Must possess at least five (5) years of related experience and training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience with international organizations.
- Arabic and English required (spoken and written).
How to apply
Deadline: 25 Mar 2023