International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
The DREF communications focal point shall be the main liaison with the Partnership and Resource Development Department (PRD) and the DREF team to source for information and content, coordinate communications support, and ensure the development of communication materials according to the planned activities within the agreed timeframe.
- University Degree in journalism, communications or international relations.
- Strong knowledge of current affairs as they relate to humanitarian developments.
- Strong professional and management skills and ability to both be proactive and ready to respond rapidly to changing needs from senior management.
- Ability to lead and manage in a diverse cultural and social context.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Strong relationship management skills including ability to rapidly build and extend professional networks.
- Excellent writing and public presentation.
- Proven track record in donors’ communications.
- Fluently spoken and written English.
- Experience of working in complex disasters and in regions, including a track record of coordinating, inspiring and leading.
- Minimum of five years as a communications specialist with at least two years in an international humanitarian context, public health, international development or related field.
- Three years of management and policy experience in communications, media relations and/or communications towards donors.
How to apply
For further information and to apply please follow the link.