Result of Service
Ultimate result of service:
The consultant is to provide support to the development and design of the Outreach Talent Acquisition Programme and will be informed and inspired by UN’s previous and current experience with such programmes, as well as best practices from international organizations and private sector. The consultant will undertake consultations with key internal stakeholders in UN to determine the strategic focus of the programme in line with the UNGSC Strategic Plan.
Specifically, the consultant will deliver the following outputs:
• Develop a talent acquisition strategy for UNGSC including budget, and implementation plan
The consultancy will be home based with regular virtual meetings.
The consultant is expected to undertake one inception visit to Brindisi to meet with the UNGSC HR team and to organize virtual meetings with relevant UNGSC managers and Staffing Diversity & Outreach Section (SDOS) in New York.
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all peacekeeping and special political missions around the world as well as to other UN Offices, Agencies Funds and Programs.
This position is in the Human Resources Unit within Central Service. Under the supervision of the Chief, Human Resources Unit, the consultant will be responsible for the fulfilment of the deliverables as specified below and will liaise with respective external and internal stakeholders as necessary for consultations and collection of input/information.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops talent acquisition sourcing strategies, using new technologies, social media, software, and networks, in support of UNGSC strategic goals
• Promotes UNGSC as an Employer of Choice – build partnerships, develop, and maintain strong relationships that include outreach to UN entities, institutions of higher learning, target diversity organizations, professional associations, and other recruiting sources to ensure sourcing produces a strong talent pipeline
• Understands, articulates, and communicates the UNGSC’s employee value proposition, enhancing the visibility and reputation of UNGSC through multiple recruiting channels
• Provides draft content for UNGSC Careers social media channels
• Research new media tools, monitors and analyzes their performance indicators and advise how best the talent outreach team can leverage these recruiting/networking tools
• Supports efforts to increase the quality of applicant flow, including internal and external passive and active applicants
• Identifies the most relevant global conferences and events for targeting candidates for specific outreach campaigns; plans and implements activities accordingly (e.g., information sessions, career development forums, university visits, etc.)
• Designs feedback surveys, conducts hypothesis testing, and identifies trends, patterns and causal relationships in data sets and prepares summary reports
• Conducts substantive research and analysis on staffing diversity, talent acquisition and outreach issues; recommends new approaches and solutions
• Actively engages in knowledge-sharing efforts across entities; maintains a repertoire of good practices on staffing diversity, talent acquisition and outreach
• Assists in the drafting of materials related to staffing diversity, talent acquisition and outreach (correspondence, reports, presentations, background papers, analytical notes, and others), based on quantitative research and analysis
• Undertakes data mining and analysis of gender and geographic balance indicators
• Partners with managers to understand their specific staffing needs; plans and implements solutions to meet these needs
• Identify priorities for talent groups which should specifically be targeted, based on UNGSC’s workforce needs, and considering geographical balance, gender diversity and other criteria.
• Assisting with the Internship and Junior Professional Officer programmes
• Takes on special projects and performs other related duties, as required.
How to apply
Deadline: 22 Mar 2023