MS ActionAid Denmark
The Partnership & Localization Specialist is based in the International unit within the Global Platform Secretariat and People2People team (GP/P2P team). The GP/P2P team are supporting key capacity development units in AADenmark’s partnership programs as well as managing humanitarian EU Volunteer programs. The team consists of 10 staff members and a Team leader and has close collaboration to the other teams within the International Cluster.
Within the team, the GP secretariat unit is supporting the People4Change programme and the global network of Global Platforms both within and outside the ActionAid federation.The Global Platforms are training and activist-hubs, providing safe and innovative spaces for learning and organizing among young people. The People4Change program supports the placement of skilled volunteers (Inspirators) and professionals (Advisors), who provide direct mentorship and support to ActionAid and their local partners.
The Partnership & Localization Specialist will primarily be supporting the tasks and responsibilities related to the People4change program, which is in the process of localisation and expected to be finalized and implemented during 2023. The primary task is leading the localisation process as well as supporting new initiatives such as the implementation of roving advisors (supporting cross-country).
- Develop a plan for the localisation of the P4C Secretariat, including identifying a suitable partner to host the Secretariat (i.e. an ActionAid office).
- Implement the localisation plan during 2023, with the aim of having successfully localised the P4C Secretariat by the end of 2023 and embedded it within the host partner.
- Working collaboratively with the selected host partner to develop a MoU with AADenmark, develop and clarify roles and responsibilities, co-design the form of the P4C Secretariat and its finances, and build staff and volunteer capacity through ongoing mentorship.
- Design a monitoring and evaluation framework for the ongoing delivery of the P4C Secretariat by the host partner beyond 2023, enabling them to track success and identify learning on an ongoing basis.
- Lead the conceptualization and development of a suitable framework and system for the Social Movement mentorship program based on lessons learnt from other relevant experiences from establishing mentorship networks (e.g. Africans Trainers Network, Rize etc.).
- Follow up and ensure proper set-up of systems and support the testing and implementation of the framework.
- Along the development and testing, document, evaluate and monitor the implementation of the set-up and ensure that by end 2023 the mentor-support programme is fully up running based on learnings from the initial implementation period.
- Explore relevant partnerships in establishing the network (e.g. ICNC).
It is required that you:
- Have more than 5 years’ experience of programme design, coordination and reporting including solid administrative and organisational skills.
- Have demonstrated experience in relationship- and partnership-building and collaborating with people across cultures and contexts.
- Have experience in programmatic change management and adaptation.
- Have experience working with youth movements, volunteer management and/or international development.
- Have knowledge and experience of working with the ActionAid Federation.
- Is flexible and adaptable in your approach to your tasks.
- Strong team player.
- Fluency in English.
- Relevant academic degree.
It is an advantage if you have:
- Experience working remotely and through online means of communication and cooperation such as Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge or experience with the localisation of projects and programmes, ideally within the NGO sector.
- Knowledge of the ActionAid Denmark People4Change programme and its Global Platform network.
- A 1-year appointment working full time 37 hours/week including frequent travel to Tanzania and other ActionAid offices.
- A salary package at grade D according to the standards of ActionAid International.
- An advantageous pension scheme and when applicable housing, education, relocation allowances as well as a full group insurance coverage.
- A position in a Global Platform country, ultimately depending on AADK strategic priorities and the respective local conditions (such as work permit processes, local political tensions, national regulations etc.).
- Flexible working hours, with the possibility of working from home.
- A workplace with a purpose, working for creating political and social change.
- A lot of great, fun and dedicated colleagues.
How to apply
We would love to hear from you soon! Send your CV and a motivation letter to us through our recruitment system before the deadline using the link here below to submit your application: