Safe Place International
About The Role: The Communications and PR Director will play a key role in promoting SPI’s work, impact, and mission. An inspiring individual who can turn research and analysis into actionable strategy, and who can direct interns and volunteers as needed while working hand in hand with other Safe Place staff members and strategists. They will also support fundraising and communications initiatives that spread awareness and draw people to engage with our content across platforms.
- Stakeholder mapping, preparing problem analysis framework, identifying paths to influence stakeholders & key messages, creating detailed annual, monthly & weekly plans for engagement activities. Develop annual reports for Safe Place International.
- Develop relationships and partnerships that represent the organization in key networks to strengthen collective objectives, ensuring SPI’s impact is effectively presented and opportunities for engagement maximized.
- Organizing and coordinating engagement activities including events, meetings, steering groups, campaign days, social media campaigns, media, conferences, and workshops.
- Support Safe Place’s Communications by contributing to communications through webpage management, blog posts, and news articles.
- Actively contribute to SPI’s goal to be a go-to resource on LGBTQIA+ refugee issues by securing speaking roles, publishing communications pieces, and developing other content.
- Employ digital design to design content for social media, email campaigns, and newsletters. Oversee the quality of content by reviewing, editing, and/or making recommendations.
- Awareness and advocate of women’s rights, LGBTQ issues – history and current events.
- Monthly stipend of USD 1,000
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development opportunities or training that are within the scope of employment or agreed upon by the Contractor and the Executive Director or Board
- Introduction to different world views, cultures, traditions and languages
- Work alongside highly motivated and dedicated individuals who set out to change the world
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “PR Director”