Physicians Across Continents - Turkey
Position: Procurement and Logistic Manager
Line Manager: CEO
Department: Procurement and Logistic.
Workplace: Turkey/NW Syria
PAC is an active NGO established in 2012, registered in Turkey, active in NWS, with other small operations offices in both Yemen and Sudan.
In NWS; PAC is a leading organization in both the health and Nutrition sectors through several central programs that work to improve the resilience of crisis-affected communities in NWS.
PAC’s programs always aimed to build and support the active health and nutrition systems in the target areas through maintaining a high level of integration across several sectors and leads central services to facilitate the provision of the service that other actors are running in NWS.
PAC is fully applying for the Protection against sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) principles in all its work stages, as well, PAC is highly committed to creating a safe service provision environment based on humanitarian principles, and international humanitarian law, clean of any racism.
The mission of the Procurement Manager, being in proximity to the center of operations, is the following:
Coordinate the development and implementation for regional and local purchases aiming at making available actionable and effective sources (for goods and services) optimizing the supply process efficiency and the financial resources use, while complying with PAC protocols, standards, procedures and aligned with the local context and operational strategic goals.
Develop and maintain market/regulation intelligence in the Region to support the Procurement strategy, as well to benefit the users in the missions.
Build capacity in procurement domain, providing technical coaching, training and advice regarding procurement process and good practices to the regional and local teams in the missions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage knowledge concerning local and regional markets, regional commercial and customs agreements, local commercial laws & regulations, and politics, as well as about PAC operational contexts and needs in the region.
- Develop market assessments and benchmark analysis (including local, regional, and international sourcing options) to collect all required information to feed the procurement strategy.
- Develop and coordinate a regional network both internal and external (suppliers, infrastructures, economical regional collaborations, NGOs….).
- Monitor the intersectional procurement activity (contracts, savings, lead time, procurement, and supplier performance…).
- Develop a regional procurement strategic vision consistent with the operations’ strategic goals to feed the supply design and strategy at regional and local levels.
- Lead and collaborate with procurement focal points of the missions and partner section to develop and implement the regional procurement strategy, defining the categories to be handled at regional level and their respective action plan, aligning with the concerned internal stakeholders.
- Lead the regional spend analysis based on the information provided (historical spend, budget, and forecast) by procurement focal points of the missions (Logistic, Supply Coordinators, and/or Procurement), in order to identify key suppliers, category of procurement and guide the definition of priorities.
- Develop and lead the regional procurement governance implementation.
- Support regarding the development of a procurement strategy for Bulky and Short Shelf-Life items.
- Provide strategic guidance and advice to the field to develop their local procurement strategy.
- Build capacity in procurement domain providing coaching and training to field staff in the procurement domain (fundamentals, process, negotiation….).
- Develop a procurement community of practice in the Region including representatives of other sections.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure the quality of product and services provided.
- Define and implement a decisional committee.
- Gather the needs from the missions and lead the alignments required to perform supplier selection process (codes, designation, specifications…)
- Lead the sourcing and supplier selection process involving the procurement focal points of the concerned missions in each important decision and the technical referent as required and by the policies.
- Set up the required contracts or agreement and ensure their relevant endorsement
- Lead the development and implementation of Supplier Performance monitoring.
- Lead the development of the Turkey/Syria Programme Logistics Strategy and ensure its timely implementation.
- Provide logistics guidance, advice and support to the coordination and field sites and the logistics staff in those locations as necessary or as requested.
- Ensure that PAC’s policies, systems and guidelines are implemented, used and adhered
- Ensure coordination between services
- Ensure that supplies are correctly done and follow according to PAC guidelines.
- Support coordination team and field team regarding logistic topics.
- Define, adapt and implement the logistic tools required to achieve the general objectives.
- Defines and implements logistics process and ensures that everyone is trained and follow the process.
- Assist fields staff on logistics activities when needed to support them in reaching projects objectives.
- Provide input on logistics matters to the coordination team for proposal and report writing.
- Communicate regularly with the logisticians team in order to ensure good understanding of the logistics activities and logistics priorities.
- Provide technical advice and take final responsibility for all logistical tasks of the programs.
- Responsible for the appropriate selection, installation, use and maintenance of equipment across the department: Information Technology, Communications, Mechanics, Energy & Electricity, Cold Chain etc.
All the tasks mentioned above will be primarily done from PAC HQ Office in Gaziantep -Turkey. but travels within the Region (northwest Syria) can represent a significant amount of time.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or supply chain management
- At least 5 years of experience in procurement including data analysis, sourcing, complex negotiation and contracting or previous experience in a different domain entailing the same components.
- A good knowledge base in supply chain processes and financial budgeting
- Experience in project management
- Computer literacy: proven ability to work with Office and ERP, in particular a good command of Excel
- Analytical mindset, organizational skills, and autonomy
- Proven diplomacy, ability to develop a professional network and listening skills
- Fluent oral and written English and Arabic
How to apply
Deadline: 25 Mar 2023