Westminster Foundation for Democracy
An experienced Programme Administrative Finance Assistant is required to play an active role in developing WFD’s new programme in the Solomon Islands.
Location: Honiara. Solomon Islands – Remote working is currently in place for this role; however, this is maybe subject to change.
Salary and benefits: £1,100 per Gross Monthly
Contract: Contract of Service, Fixed Term – December 2022 – March 2023 (Subject to funding, with possible extension)
Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant – Solomon Islands – (subject to funding)
The Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) will report directly to the Programme Manager.
The PAFA plays a critical role in assisting the project lead, working closely with the head office in London and our stakeholders, in the management of financial and administrative procedures for programmes: In addition taking responsibility for the logistic management of programmes, general administrative and office management.
They will have an opportunity to work with high-level regional stakeholders which include national Parliaments and government agencies, think tanks, research institutions and universities, as well as civil society in responding to the challenges of fostering democracy in the Solomon Islands
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma OR at least 3 years’ experience in similar roles
- Sound knowledge and understanding of project administration and accounting
- Excellent abilities in accounting and financial administration, particularly in the management of cash flows, balance sheets, expense reports, and programme budget.
- Strong organisational skills, keen attention to detail, and abilities to work flexibly and independently on tight timelines.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft 365 suite of Office products e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, SharePoint, Dynamics, etc.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Abilities to multitask and work in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in the Solomon Islands.
How to apply
APPLY Careers | Westminster Foundation for Democracy (wfd.org) closing date 28 November 2022.