Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Programme Management Analyst (Grant) will:
- Prepare grant awards requests, draft grant agreements and subsequent amendments, using the approved templates ensuring that all agreements and amendments are constructed and issued in line with UNOPS legal and financial rules and regulations;
- Review grant budgets submitted by implementing partners, verify their consistency with prevailing market rate; assist in discussion/negotiation of costs/fees as required; provide critical feedback to the implementing partners;
- Ensure that reporting requirements are adhered to and liaise closely on any delays or difficulties;
- Review financial reports and inform the programme focal points or the supervisor on the findings;
- Work closely with the Finance Team on changes in the grants values, and update on payment schedules for cash flow planning;
- Review payment requests and ensure payments are processed based upon the grant agreement and agreed payment schedules;
- Communicate with and provide guidance/advice to implementing partners on grant-related and financial matters
- Resolve routine operational and process issues related to grant management, and refer complex issues to the supervisor with recommendations for courses of action;
- Ensure operational and financial closure of grants in line with requirements;
- Contribute to the coordination and follow up on the audits of Implementing Partners;
- Highlight risks and delays to the supervisor as appropriate
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes and procedures wherever possible, reducing burden on partners in line with localization principles
- Work creatively to find solutions that are acceptable under the UNOPS procedures and well adapted to the reality of partners on the ground and principles of localisation
- Close teamwork with the team including seeking advice, taking it on board and involvement in grant management and working as ‘one team’ in the implementation of programs.
Due Diligence Assessment and Capacity Building
- Implement supportive and inclusive Due Diligence Assessments (DDA) on all new implementing partners, liaising with other UN Agencies wherever possible to reduce partner burden. Develop comprehensive assessment reports based on DDA
- Work with implementing partners to develop improvement plans and support their implementation, including ensuring available financial resources. Ensure completion of any follow-up actions in assessment reports.
- Provide day-to-day help and guidance to the implementing partners and coordinate with relevant colleagues to ensure implementing partners understand and comply with relevant operational guidelines, terms and conditions of the grant agreement, and UNOPS requirements.
- Actively compile lessons learned and best practices, and share knowledge and best practices within the team and with implementing partners, on financial and organizational management
- Contribute to the overall knowledge sharing and collaboration within UNOPS on grant management, due diligence assessment and improvement plans
Documentation and Other
- Monitor information related to contractual arrangements – on audits, inventories, utilization and all such elements in the contracts and grants
- Maintain a database/archive of all grant related information and documentation of all the implementing partners
- Keep the supervisor updated on progress and issues, and prepare briefing materials as requested for discussions on grant status
- Support with administrative tasks, such as helping with travel, bookings, and small procurements
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS. They will collaborate closely and engage actively with the Program Unit for managing grants and assisting in program activities.